Yes , I'm from Uganda and English is our official language

FaizahAlkatheri wrote:
Fred wrote:
Shakirah kisenyi wrote:

Hello
I need a weekend job for English natives

Your profile says you're from Uganda.

Uganda's official language is English.

That might well be true but the term, "Native speaker of English" in the ESL world is normally taken to mean being from one of a very few English speaking countries, those not including Uganda.
Many countries, rightly or wrongly, won't accept applications for native speakers unless the applicant comes from somewhere on that short list.

My personal opinion differs from the commonly accepted norm, mostly because I've met far too many non native speakers and people who are from countries outside the list with far better English skills than people from supposed native speaking countries.
Another sad fact is how much silly racism creeps in, that essentially meaning many places won't accept a well qualified teacher with wonderful skills if they aren't white. Sad but true.

The pro short list argument is all about pronunciation, something that simply doesn't always apply so the argument, whilst often valid, should not be an absolute.
That arguments are long and boring but the term, "Native speaker" still tends to mean people from one of the listed countries.

See
https://www.internations.org/forum/thread/1663043

Native and non-Native English Language Teachers are needed at our schools throughout Turkey...

....General Requirements:
• Native speaker from Australia, Canada, South Africa, the UK, or the USA; must possess a Bachelor's Degree or higher (in any field).

South Africa doesn't make it onto the list in many places.

http://teachingcareers.englishfirst.com … Island.jpg

Requirements

-  A Bachelor's Degree
-  A TEFL Certification (EF TEFL sponsorship available)
-  Passport holder from UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand

The long and the short, regardless of common sense or reason, the ESL world's definition of a native speaker would normally exclude the OP. That's very often enshrined in law as far as many countries go, thus forcing the list on ESL institutions.

Fred, indeed, your balanced, compassionate, detailed and well-written (as usual) reply, is a clear indication of your most comprehensive education level. You've certainly earned our standing ovation, and not only for this singular occasion, either. We're certain, the Ugandan OP appreciates your efforts. :cheers:

My mistake ,
Maybe this suits me,
Fred, I need a job for English speakers.

I need any job related English language, dealing, sales,speaking, writing,reading
Any kind of

Fred, regarding the last sentence in post #7, apparently it was hastily written in error, eh?  :cool: