Going out in New York

Hi there,

Which are your 10 favorite places to go out in New York?

Which places would you recommend to newcomers? (restaurants, pubs, discos, theaters, cinemas, concert halls...)

Thanks!

The most romantic restaurants in New York are:
One if By Land, Two if By Sea and the restaurant in Marriott Marquis hotel, but in case your budget is limited head to "SoHo" and "Village"- there you'll find wonderful restaurants from different parts of the world which aren't too expensive !!

10 favorite places to go in NY:

1. SOBs (Sounds of Brazil) - great place to dance, have dinner & see a show
2. Movies under the Brooklyn Bridge - the movies are usually older, but the view is amazing!
3. Ferrara Bakery in Little Italy - best cannolis and italian pastries.
4. Chelsea Market - here you can find great food, stores, cooking shows.  But I love going there because it's a beautiful space.
5. Brooklyn Promenade - beautiful view.
6. Broadway - Seeing a Broadway show is a must!
7. Grand Central Terminal - I just love the architecture.  And downstairs there are several places to eat & there's a great market too.
8. South Street Seaport - lots of good restaurants and stores, great view.  In the summer there are often live shows and events outside.  The cobblestone streets are charming. 
9. Union Square - a great space for sitting on a bench and reading a book or people watching.  There are several restaurants, stores & movies theaters nearby.
10. Century 21 - a huge department store where you can find the best things discounted.  Anything from housewares to clothing.

Favorite places or things to do in NYC:

To see a musical comedy on Broadway
To discover Central Park
To go to the top of the rock in order to have a view of NYC
To buy clothes in second hand stores
To have a brunch in Brooklyn or East village

There are some amazing comedy clubs in the city.

You definitely need to see a broadway play as well. I recommend some off-broadway shows too.

The best show for me was The phantom of the opera