Children and Schools

Hi all,
I might be moving to Laos (vientiane) in the summer. I will be moving with my wife and 2 children, 4 years old and was wondering about good international schools and decent health services?

Grateful for your help.

Mufleh

I will be going to either Laos or Cambodia, I'm not sure yet, but looking to find out about both places

Hi Mufleh :)

I hope other members will be able to help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi mufleh. 

I am married to a Lao lady, based in Vientiane and am presently working in Mongolia. We have 2 daughters 14 and 5.
I would recommend the Kiettisack International school. Both  daughters go there. The 5 yr old has been there since she was 3.
Great teachers, teaching in english and Lao.
Fees are reasonable,paid monthly, 6 monthly or annually with a 10% discount if 2 or more family members attend. AnnualFees for me are $5200 for both, uniforms, books, field trips extra but well priced.Fees rise as the child progresses through classes up to 18 years of age. The school has a good reputation.

For health services I would recommend you look at medical insurance cover. There are good doctors at the French clinic and the Mahosot hospital.
In case of anything major there is a good hospital over the border in Udon Thani, the AEK Hospital. This has an agreement with Lao border for ambulance to cross into Vientiane for emergencies.Recommended by embassies. AGL-Allianz has an office in Vientiane above the ANZ Bank. They have  medical insurance cover.
Hope this helps.

Hello there hope it isn't to late to keep you from doing a BIG mistake. My advice friend don't ever go to KIS.
It is the worst school possible for your child. Not only is it expensive but children are used as a piggy bank and they are not afraid to show it.
My daughters used to go there.
After my father passed away one of my daughters was having trouble focusing and school and went into a pretty bad depression. Of course I had no idea she was failing.
The school summoned me right before summer break and told me that my daughter wouldn't make it to the next grade. But they had a solution to that problem.
Pay 500$ for a one month class..... and they would let her pass.
So I have decided to put them in VIS, but that school came out too expensive.

I heard a new school opened and they've just received the authorization from the state of NSW. It is pretty cheap, the establishement is a bit for from the city center but the building is really nice with beautiful colors. It is opening this year so I'll keep my fingers crossed. but I have this is the right school for my daughters.

The school's name is AIS (Australian International School).
here's the link to the website:

aisedulaos.com

Hope this helped!!! Good luck!

Try the Keittisack International School. Teaching under NSW system and Lao system.
My 3 kids aging from 5 to 14 go there, reasonable fees. Costing me at moment $7000 per year for all 3.