Close

Swedish CV

High all,

I am planning to move to Stockholm next year (March/April).

I need tips to write a Swedish CV, looking online doesn't give much infos, most sites copy/paste from each others, which does not indicate the accurate way.

Advice needed:
-CV in english or Swedish (i will start learning Swedish in January)
-Photo? conflicting answers from the world wide web
-Personal interests? always found it useless to put it and I dont imagine the Swedes caring about it
-the date format?
-which order: experience, education or the opposite, education then experience

any other tips is of course welcome :)

thanks

Hi AymanAz,

my piece of advice:
- Only do what you're good at: write in English. If you don't speak Swedish, don't pretend they will know ;-) - note that it could be a big problem in your job hunt if you don't speak Swedish. Start as soon as possible.
- I'm not sure, I didn't put my photo on my CV and I got several job offers so I can say from my personal experience that it is not an issue.
- I wouldn't talk too much about personal interests unless they are linked to one of your key skills that you are about to explain further in a cover letter ( --> I played hockey for many years and that helped me be comfortable in a team, care about other teammates, etc.)
- yyyy/mm/dd, a good example is the personnummer, they also use dd month yyyy.
- I'd say the order depends on your previous experience, your education and your future employer. If you have some random education from Carcassonne, they won't probably care. if you have a degree in engineering from Stanford, well… I'll put that first.

Good luck
JL

Thanks Jeaanluc,

very useful to have all those tips.

Im taking 1 2 1 Swedish course in January, and also subscribed to learningswedish.se, free website to learn basic Swedish.

Regards

Expatriate health insurance in Sweden

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Sweden

Moving to Sweden

Find tips from professionals about moving to Sweden

Travel insurance in Sweden

Enjoy stress-free travel to Sweden