Expat forum or British expat forum

Am curious that this and other similar forums have a bias to British expats and the obsession on Brexit. As an Irish person moved last week from Uk I find much of the Brexit advice limited as it looks at UK nationals and not other EU nationals who may have lived and work in UK. I suspect I've opened a hornets nest as I've posted this on a number of similar forums. But it is important that when we talk about a fundamental thing like Brexit it reflects this.

Still answer, no ones how anyone will be affected, it's going to take 2 years, which takes you up till March 2019. We will just have to wait and see how the negotiations pan out.

My personal feelings are I can't see anyone being evicted from any country. Maybe we will need a visa? I have no intention of leaving Austria, I have made it my home.

gbgj wrote:

Am curious that this and other similar forums have a bias to British expats and the obsession on Brexit. As an Irish person moved last week from Uk I find much of the Brexit advice limited as it looks at UK nationals and not other EU nationals who may have lived and work in UK. I suspect I've opened a hornets nest as I've posted this on a number of similar forums. But it is important that when we talk about a fundamental thing like Brexit it reflects this.

Personally, I haven't observed any such "bias", or obsession about this topic on Expat.com, likely because political comments and discussions are not welcomed here.  If you've posted this on a number of forums, maybe the obsession is yours?  I feel that mainland EU nationals are less preoccupied with this, as they did not vote on this, the UK citizens did.  Indeed you'll find the advice limited, because still nothing has been formally decided and implemented.

What advice were you looking for anyway, or how does this issue affect life in France today?

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team