Questions about the working visa process for Filipinos

Hello,

I'm from the Philippines and have recently accepted an offer to work in POM.

I was informed that the employer has now applied for the work permit. As read in some posts here, it takes a month or 2 to process this. Though, I'm not sure if this is still the case now? Would be nice if someone who has recently applied for this could share their experience on this too. Thank you.

However, my questions for the Kabayans are about the visa process. (I apologize in advance for the many questions)

Normally, what are the requirements to be submitted in order to start the visa process? -- Work permit? Medical exam results? Passport? What else?

Will the approved work permit be sent to the embassy directly?

Will the applicant be the one who submits personally the documents at the embassy?

How long does it usually take to have the visa stamp these days? Is the applicant the only one who can collect the stamped passport, or can anyone collect it with an authorization letter?

The reason why I'm asking for your advice, is that I'm not from Manila. I'm trying to avoid incurring further costs of flying to and fro, and housing expenses as well. I will be flying to Manila for the medical exam and was wondering if I should stay there until the visa stamp is ready. Please also advise if there are other documents I need to prepare (to make my time in Manila worthwhile) that should be needed in the visa processing.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and for your valuable advice :)

-Anne

Hi Anne. I've also accepted an offer from POM. They're now working on the work permit and I've done the pre-employment physical. They've asked me to start securing a red ribbon for my birth certificate, cenomar and nbi. It's been more than a month since they started processing my work permit. My future employer has advised me to stay on my current job in the meantime so as not to incur any income loss

Thank you DocB for your reply.

I've started securing those three docs for the red ribbon too. Is the pre-employment physical exam different from the medical exam required for the visa, the one which should be done in one of their list of accredited hospitals?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Anne

Hi Anne,

Hope you don't mind if i butted in. I do have some questions as well, i have a friend who's working in PNG, she happens to have a friend who owns a company and who's looking for an accountant. Unfortunately, the company hasnt had the slightest idea in hiring a Filipinos for they hired Chinese. With this, she's asking my friend with the process. May i ask what will be the triggered point!? is it working permit!? is the company will apply it for you!? Apologies if i have so many questions.

Thank you so much

-Leslie

Tabasalc wrote:

Hi Anne,

Hope you don't mind if i butted in. I do have some questions as well, i have a friend who's working in PNG, she happens to have a friend who owns a company and who's looking for an accountant. Unfortunately, the company hasnt had the slightest idea in hiring a Filipinos for they hired Chinese. With this, she's asking my friend with the process. May i ask what will be the triggered point!? is it working permit!? is the company will apply it for you!? Apologies if i have so many questions.

Thank you so much

-Leslie

Hello Leslie,

Apologies for the late reply. Merry Christmas!

Um, I'm sorry I'm also not familiar with the hiring process in PNG, but from what I know, it's the employer who applies for the work permit. As to the requirements, I think it depends on the position the applicant is applying? Hmm.. what I submitted to the employer are the signed employment contract, signed application for the work permit, notarized diploma, passport copy, pictures, and my resume. I'm not sure if all these docs are required for the application of the work permit, as I think some of these were for the authentication at the Philippine embassy in PNG.

Sorry, I'm not much of a help. I suggest your friend check with the Labor department of PNG and also the Philippine embassy there to be sure :)

Good luck!

-Anne

Hello, can you please advise if the employer is applying for your work permit and who in Manilla will guide you through the POEA / OEC process?

Trish_B wrote:

Hello, can you please advise if the employer is applying for your work permit and who in Manilla will guide you through the POEA / OEC process?

Hi! Yes, it's the employer who applied for my work permit and they hired an agency in Manila to process the poea/owwa requirements. :)

Hello question,,,, is it really necessary for a candidate to be physically present in PNG embassy in Makati to be able to have my passport stamped with visa? or the agent can do this for me instead? Thanks

No, not really.

ok, my very incompetent agency is taking too long to have our contract approved by poea,,,,, cause they said the rules of poea are strict,,,i told the agency it is not the poea who'll stamp our visa, it's the png embassy so poea doesn't have a say on it,,,, since when i called the png embassy they said they only need an authenticated contract by phil embassy.... haaay, this agency of ours is a real BS.

Hi to all,
I have an offer of employment in Papua  last April 22, 2019.  All required documents like red ribbon, medical exam and others were completed and submitted to agency last May 10, 2019.  Until now July 22, 2019 don't have feedback about my work permit. May i know what is the time period of processing the work permit and even the visa now? When do you I expect approval of my work permit? Thank  you in advance.

Good afternoon,

I am applying in Papua New Guinea right now. May I ask how many months the processing of work permit and visa because we interviewed last November 2018 and we had our  medical last December 2018 and this June 2019 but then until now there is no update to us regarding on the status of our work permit and visa.  They always saying that still on labor in Papua New Guinea for processing. It is almost 8 to 10 months already that we still waiting. Can you give us any advise? Thank you so much in advance and I will appreciate your comments and suggestion in our case.

Usually, it will take 7-8 months to complete the process based on my colleague's experience.  She started processing in April 2018 and she arrived here in Dec 2018. For my case i started processing in July 2017 and arrived here in March 2018.

My work permit got approved after a month then another 2 weeks for the agency hired to process my papers in phils. 2 months should be enough.