Student job salaries and earnings

Hello,

My name is Gabrielle and I am applying to two universities in Holland, one specifically in Amsterdam.
I am currently working as an Au Pair in Switzerland and I am an EU passport holder.

I am really looking forward to starting my journey in Holland but as I will be a student, I need to find a reasonable job that will help me with living expenses. The course I will be studying is, however, full time so I do not have a huge amount of time to also have a job. I would like to do a comparison on what people earn doing specific student jobs such as being a Waitress, Assistant, Bartending and any other student jobs that pay relatively well.

If anyone has any information to help me out with understanding the possible salaries and earnings that would be absolutely amazing and would help me out a lot.

If you are not comfortable with sharing such information so out in the public but are willing to tell me in private please feel free to message me privately in this forum.

Thank you very much.

Hi Gabrielle and welcome to the Forum,

Assuming you're a South African passport holder, you will need a work permit to work in Holland.  You are limited by law to working 10 hours p/week; except in June, July and August when you can work full time (I assume the universities are closed then).

This document (link) may help you further.

Thank you for your reply.

I actually have a European Passport so I think that means I have regular working opportunities.

I will look at the link thank you.