Indian Sim working in Bahrain

Hi Folks,

I would like to know does India sim(Vodfone network) work in Bahrain.

I mean like i will received call/sms on my India's sim. Is it supported  by Bahrain network.  Like when i go to Dubai Etislat,Oman Omantal I get support from.

AJay

Hi,

My airtel sim works fine here need to maintain sufficient balance to receive incoming calls, sms works fine even without the incoming call balance. Not sure about Vodafone though better call their call center or visit the branch to find out.

T&R

Hi Mate,

I appreciate your responses on my threads that was quite quick :)

Cheers,Ajay

It is obvious, but still wish to re confirm. Do you hold pre paid airtal sim.

Yes.

Vodafone SIM works in Bahrain !!

Thank a ton, your post gave me a lot of relief

Ajay

Hi Brother.
My Airtel Sim card worked upto November 30.After i received one message from network they are Stopping my outgoing calls . I dont want to stop my airtel service.What to do Bro please tell me is there any packages we have .

Hi Brother.
My Airtel Sim card worked upto November 30.After i received one message from network they are Stopping my outgoing calls . I dont want to stop my airtel service.What to do Bro please tell me is there any packages we have .

You have to contact your service provider there the only ones that gave control over the sim or join a network in Bahrain like Viva Zain or batelco I think are the main ones

You have to do a smart pack recharge once every year for airtel else the number gets deactivated. You can get it done online.

I don't have airtel sim, i would advise to maintain balance and make a call after every 90 days so as to make the sim active.

Hi bro,
Does vodafone still works for you in Bahrain ?
Coz one of my cousin just arrived here and he is not getting network.
He has contacted vodafone on tweeter but the problem is still unsolved

AIrtel works fine, need to see if vodafone has tie up with Bahraini telcos and if international roaming is enabled.

Vodafone works well here

One has to recharge every month or so, but beware, if you try to or by mistake switch on the data or send any message, then you will be charged 99 INR for international roaming activation everytime. And you have to use your sim actively like every 3 month or so to make a call or send an sms

Hi,

No need to recharge Airtel sim every month.It is enough to recharge once in 90 days.

Hi guys,

Are you facing issues with Airtel sim in Bahrain nowadays.??
i was receiving calls/messages without any interruption until last month. But im not receiving any network nowadays...

Thats means they sold your number to someone else same happen to me 2 time i done the recharge next day my number airtel  sold to someone so i quit airtel

To keep your Indian number active in Bahrain , you need to recharge it regularly and within incoming calls validity, if you not done, number will be deactivated permanently

My airtel  network is not showing

It works fine, either its a SIM card issue or international roaming is not enabled

T&R

My aim Vodafone India SIM now IAM Bahrain how to use SIM

Hello erwar14487,

Welcome to Expat.com1f601.svg

Could you please make sure your question us clear enough in order to get the help you need from others?

Thank you,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@logicalindian

I bought an Airtel prepaid SIM in lndia. I have brought it to Bahrain. It has a credit of Rupees 455. Can you please help by providing a step by step guidance on how to set it up in an android phone in Bahrain? Many thanks. I intend to keep this dim for mainly receiving OTPs.

There is no extra thing to be done, once you are here it should work normally. If it's not working try contacting Airtel support through chat or email.

@logicalindian How are you doing?

@Alienn there is nothing problem at all in use of any kind of indian sim , but for receiving otp , you have to do minimum monthly recharge

Vodafone Idea roaming in Bahrain is so unreliable.  I have two post paid sims for more than a year now with international roaming activated. One working till last month though once in a while no network.  Since last month both are not working. VI customer care tried all sort of settings through WhatsApp/email communication. So far no success!  Do any one else had these issues? Found any solution?

Haven't really heard anyone using other telco than Airtel, I have used it (Airtel prepaid) for many years and had no issues.