Computer Repair Shop

Hi: Does anyone know of a reputable, reliable computer repair shop that can take a look at my laptop? This is not a hardware problem but software, in that suddenly and for no apparent reason, my laptop is asking me to input my Gmail password before it will let me into the system. This is quite strange on 3 counts:

1. I never set up the machine with a logon password and it has functioned perfectly normally since I bought it new, maybe 18 months ago.
2. I am running Windows 10, so if the system is going to ask for any password I would have expected it to be a Microsoft account password and not Google.
3. I am using both Hotmail/Outlook and Gmail and although I have tried inputting the passwords for both, the system doesn't recognize either.

My problem as you can see is that I am currently unable to get into my laptop and can't find a way around it.

Any help would be appreciated.  :/

Have you tried booting in safe mode, that might allow you to login without activating the google login, which as you said shouldn't be required as Windows 10 asks for a microsoft account (although its possible to bypass that also).

If the safe mode doesn't work then you might consider 'unlocking' it by following the instructions here : Reset Your Password

Hi,
As capriole suggested try resetting your Microsoft account (hotmail/outlook) from another machine and try logging in.
https://account.live.com/password/reset

If your able to login i would suggest you disable email login and use a local account instead, the only drawback here would be that you will be able to access the in-built apps/windows store only if you login with the email/password it would not be a automated one time login process.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10 … t-account/

T&R

capriole/logicalindian: Thanks guys, I've already tried resetting my password on another machine, but it still didn't accept the new password either.

I'm afraid I'm a bit of an inept dinosaur with these things, which is why I was looking for a shop to help out with this.

I was hoping for a  shop or tech. See I need my keyboard cleaned/ changed. Any leads, good people?

@Mythril
Unfortunately I can't recommended any shops as I haven't use any of them since I prefer doing things myself as I am comfortable doing that due to my profession :)  Did you try the safe mode boot (see here how you could do that)
@Lindochka1
Before changing the keyboard I would suggest to buy a keyboard cleaner air spray (like that) and give it a good clean. You should be able to find it in the computer area in Geant or Carrefour or DG Sharafs

Hi,

Try calling these guys before you visit them
Mass computers bahrain : 1726 4194
Mars computer bahrain : 1729 6129
Expression Computers : 1700 3344

I have not dealt with these guys personally regarding OS issues, but i have heard they could help, call them explain them the issue and do ask how much will they charge for the service, even sharafdg should service but i am assuming they might be expensive

T&R

@capriole
No I haven't yet tried the safe mode boot, I will give that a try today

@logicalindian
Thank you for the suggestions, if the safe mode boot doesn't get it, I'll give these guys a call.

Appreciated :cheers: