Indian tv channels in bahrain and DTH Connection, bahrain

Hi,

I'm moving to Manama, Bahrain from Mumbai, India. Please tell me about DTH connection available to watch indian channels and sports channels. Can i take my tata sky set top box to bahrain? does it work there? Thanks :)

It does work.
You will probably need to get a satellite dish installed and it will work.

Just be aware that these are "illegal" in Bahrain since there is a legally licensed provider. But also be aware that these are widely used in Bahrain and the authorities have not (so far) taken any action about them.

Please also take a look at this discussion thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=352397

Similar topic being discussed.

Best wishes on your new job and move to Bahrain.

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

How much it will cost me if i buy both dish as well as HD set top box in Manama  and recharging cost ... monthly/annualy ..

Subhash

Set up cost ranges between BD60 to BD100 depending on who does it for you. Monthly recharge is what you would pay in India plus profit margin for the guy doing the recharge. (You can do this your self through family and friends in India).

subhash786 wrote:

Hi,

I'm moving to Manama, Bahrain from Mumbai, India. Please tell me about DTH connection available to watch indian channels and sports channels. Can i take my tata sky set top box to bahrain? does it work there? Thanks :)

Subhash,

As far as I know, the only DTH from India that works in Bahrain is Airtel. So, you might be setting yourself up for disappointment with your Tata Sky connection. As Farhaz has pointed out, it is illegal to carry set top boxes from other countries to Bahrain. Please be very careful.

hi guid me for this. Dish TV start in srilanka recently. Im in Dubai , and using dish tv connection, can i recharge it from srilanka? by using my VC number? please let me know

nilanthacr wrote:

hi guid me for this. Dish TV start in srilanka recently. Im in Dubai , and using dish tv connection, can i recharge it from srilanka? by using my VC number? please let me know

Not sure how this will work. Why don't you try posting this in the Sri Lanka or Dubai Forum for better responses?

How can recharge airtel dth bahrain

Hello 12mksahi,

Please note that this thread is quite old.

I advise you to create a new topic on the Bahrain forum to ask your question.  ;)

Cheers,

Cheryl