Indian male married malaysian female....!!

Hi Expat,

I am Edward from India and working in a Malaysian private company and married a Malaysian girl( Hindu) on 31/08/2017 in India and I am waiting for my Marriage registration certificate for me to register my marriage in Malaysia ( Since my wife is malaysian).

I am working a private company more than 3 years until now, and the company provided my work permit from day one until now. 

So my question is, if i get registered my marriage in malaysia ( JPN), Do i need to extend my work permit from the same company or i have to apply for Permanent residence since i married a local malaysian ??

Please advise as much as possible.

Please join the Facebook group (Foreign Spouses Support Group) as the topic has been discussed recently and the group have the best resources and firsthand information.

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Malaysia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Malaysia

Moving to Malaysia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Malaysia

Travel insurance in Malaysia

Enjoy stress-free travel to Malaysia