Arriving in Riyadh soon

Hi everyone

Anyone that can possibly share some details around living and working in and around Al Baha university, much appreciated

JJ

Are you sure it is Riyadh? Al Baha university is in Al-Baha City.
If you are selected to be in Al-Baha, then congrats, Al Baha is one of the best beautiful scenic cities in Saudi Arabia. The weather is great, and the people there are generous and welcoming.

The cost overall in Saudi Arabia is almost the same, despite what would you hear from others. There is at least until now no different tax levels nor different minimum wage levels based on the province.

In Al Baha, you will get a nice apartment for 18,000 SAR annually up to 25,000 SAR. Electricity should be within 120 SAR to 300 SAR monthly. Food depends on you, for a family of 3 food should start from 1200 SAR and upward.

Thank you so much for the information, it will really come in handy.

Cheers
JJ

Hi

Do you know much about visas and the company QEHC, I am flying out this weekend, but I am worried about visa process, apparently I have to enter KSA via Bahrain where my visa will be process before I move on to Al Baha?

Sorry, i didn't get your question.

I am asking whether you know the company in KSA called QEHC, and if you have knowledge about Al Baha city and the university. JJ

Hi

If you are western expatriate, I do not recommend to live in apartment in the middle of the city. Please try to live in expatriate compound . Al-Baha is beautiful area, but ordinary public residents behaviors are less exposed to western community and their life style. Your employer should know these kinds of local norms.  If you are coming from Asian ancestor might be less impact than western white people. Just opinion I might be wrong .