Go Hiking and meet People

I'm looking for fellow hikers who want to explore the natural sights around Stavanger/Sandnes f.eks. Predikestolen, Pulpit rock, Dalsnuten or just go for a walk to the see or forest. The point is to meet some new people, get some fresh air and find quess of springtime.

So if you are like me, leave a comment where you like to go, and lets meet up!

ohhh i'd be in for that but im am not sure what is around, i will find out and let you know

Wheee the good thing about Norway is that you newer have to go far to find some hikertrail or a place with a view

Still a keen group for hiking?  I have walked Pulpit Rock many times and would be happy to show anyone how to get there and the trials.  Also have experience with Kjerag and the area surrounding Lysefjord.

Be good to get a walking group together for bi-weekly trips at different locations.

Neal

Anybody up for something this weekend ??

Hi everyone,
I've been in Stavanger nearly a week now and am starting to look for ways to get out into the mountains. I found this if anyone is interested:

rosenkilden.com/index.cfm?tmpl=meetingShowDetails&meetingId=3099

I'll be there if my boots get here from the UK in time, anyone want to join me?

Otherwise let me know if you have any exciting hiking plans!

Hello everyone,

I'm keen on joining you for a hike.  I recently led a team of colleagues from here in Stavanger in a 100k charity challenge walk in England.  As  a result i had to organise a lot of training walks here and know some good routes. 

I will be away from this Friday till the 20th But would love to join any time after that. 

Thanks

Edward

Have just joined this forum and was curious if you managed to get a hiking group together?

Hi
Since orginally posted this messege seeking fellow hikers i've changed my username from theriver to peterfrank..:)
Hope you understand and respekt that..

To answer your question i'm still in the prosess of gathering people for hiking.
Some, i learned, wants to wait for springtime others just need a friendly push :D and others again (like me)can go in all of the seasons.
I guess people are different and have differen needs :)

Hi, I know this is an old post but I'd love to meet up with some people to go hiking! If this is still a possibility, please drop me an email! ([email protected]) thanks

Hi people!

Despite of my weirdest username, I am also a keen on hiker :). If anyone is interested in going for a trip together, make a sound (or even better, send me a message). The autumn is here, but mountains are always beautiful.

I am a 32 y. o. m from around Oslo by the way.

Hi this field is required! I would love to go on a hike, my email address is above. Hopefully some others would like to go too?

Hi there, I'm new here and even though I'm a total rookie in hiking in the mountains, I love marching on the ground...anyway, I really have to start from somewhere, just need some encouragement (or a friendly push as someone here expressed it well), nice company and good hiking boots and I'm ready! Hope to post some more messages here soon!

BirutePu wrote:

nice company and good hiking boots

For the upcoming half of the year you would probably find a better use for a pair of good cross-country skis. I find it a good alternative to hiking and I think it is easy to learn.

If I was in Sandnes I'd be happy give you the friendly push. :)

Oh right, somehow I forgot about the winter and the mountains around here :D Actually that sounds awesome too. Hope your wish comes true ;)

Hi, for me the same. I know this is an old post but I'd like to meet some people to go hiking! I was already last year hiking a lot around Stavanger, Prekestolen, Kjærag, Lysefjordarea, Jæren, Dalsnuten..... If this is still a possibility, please send me an email: [email protected]

I'd love to go some hiking trip!Do you have any plans?I'm new in Stavanger, so I'd like to go to Dalsnuten first, and soon the bus to Preikestolen starts going, I've been there once before one summer and would like to go again.

Wanna join me for a lysefjord sightseeing tomorrow.

Hi. I wonder if you people know about this facebook.com/groups/stavangerexpatshiking/ ;)

Hello everybody,

I'm quite new on this forum, I arrived in Stavanger in January.
I've already started to hike alone around Sandnes. You had a good idea to create a small group. Let me know who are motivated so we could plan a nice hike this following week-ends.

Sorry ThisFieldIsRequired, I don't have facebook.

I love hiking, but I live in Oslo. What are you all guys doing in Stavanger...?

Me too in Oslo...and want to enjoy the picturesque Norwegian country side.
If any one has plans, do keep me informed.

[Moderated: Please no free ad on the forum.]