Hello hello!

Hi everybody,

I am 24 from Scotland but moved to Stavanger in August 2008.  Moved here to take a new job with Norsk Helikopter, previous worked in my hometown of Aberdeen.

Am interested in meeting some people with similar interests and hobbies.

Neal

Welcome on Expat-blog Neal!

I have moved the discussion on the Stavanger forum.

All the best,
Christine

Dear Expat,
Please allow me to introduce my self and be as expressive as I can.

My name is Ermias I will be 25 next April and I am a British citizen. I live work and study in London.

I have been visiting Norway almost every 5 weeks and I really like the country. I have been to a few places in Norway (Stavangar, Sandnes, Haugsand, Kristiansand and Mandal), during my visits I had a chance to travel from one place to another, which made me admire it's natural beauty and it's people and the way of life, but I was gob smacked how expensive it is compared to London.

I am interested in moving to Norway and the main reason I am thinking of moving there is because my girlfriend lives in Norway and we think it is time for us to be together. She lives in Mandal, but we are thinking of moving and settling in Stavanger or it's surrounding areas.

We are exploring different options to find out which option is the most convenient way for us to be together. It could be, me moving to Norway or my girlfriend moving to London.

I don't mind moving to Norway, but the main problem is I do not speak Norwegian and I am not sure if I would be able to find work in an Accounting sector, as this is my profession and I enjoy working with figures, therefore my first option would be to work in an Accounting field.

I am a qualified Accountant and I am also studying for my next Accounting qualification and I work in the Financial Management Services. 

If you have got any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

I would be obliged if you could share your experience with me, such as the language barrier, finding work and accommodation.

Your real life experience is invaluable to me.

Many Thanks