Icelandic courses

Hi everyone

I am here in Iceland since January, so great!!
I am looking for Icelandic courses, close to Selfoss
I know so website who provided some for free, but I would prefer to have a teacher!!
If anyone can help it would be lovely
And if someone live by Selfoss, you can always come and say Hi to us!
We are the dog sledding Company ;-)

If you don't mind driving to Reykjavík about three days a week, I've heard mostly good things about the courses given by Mímir Símenntum.

mimir.is/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=42&Itemid=365&lang=en

the stories I've heard about learning Icelandic at Mimir are extremely varied. Although I didn't take Icelandic there, I would never study another language there after taking an intro German class, and I know several people who chose to go private or learn on their own after trying their classes.

I found some courses listed in Selfoss at this place:

http://www.fraedslunet.is/index.php?vie … &Itemid=99

maybe it'd be simpler to try that out before committing to the long drive 3x per week? One issue is that this is kind of an awkward time to start a class since most of them operate on a semester-style schedule and are now midway through the material.  Anyway, maybe if you contact the place in Selfoss they can help put you in contact with someone else who's trying to learn.

Alternatively, try contacting Alþjóðasetur in Reykjavik (ahus.is) and ask them if they have any suggestions.