India's most expensive cities

Hello everyone,

What are the most expensive cities to live in India? What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.?

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals?

What are the different neighbourhoods like? Are there more affordable areas?

Do you have any experience living in any of India's most expensive cities? What was it like?

Which cities in India would you recommend? Are there any that offer particularly good value for money when it comes to cost of living?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

hey India's Most Expensive Cities are Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kochi. But Lovable and Careable People are always there in Kochi. Always have an enjoyment and can see the beauty of living. Defenitely want to come in Kochi.

Hello everyone,
As an expat, I have little experience but I have friends from all over India and they live here in Bangalore just like me and this is what they said, that cost if living in Mumbai and Delhi is cheaper than cost of living in Bangalore. I lived in a rented apartment 3bhk which cost 18000 rupees monthly and a deposit of 2 lakhs of which I shared with my friends. When my Indian friends heard they said it was too expensive and they could help me find cheaper houses...however when I looked at the area they told me to get cheaper houses I didn't like it and preferred to remain where I was. Again it depends on the area you take up accommodation, places like Whitefield, HSR layout and Chandra layout and other places cost more than most places because they are really developed and has clean neighborhood as well. So it depends on what your budget is. Transport by cab is also a little bit high I was told compared to Delhi and Mumbai and there is a reason for it, in the above named states, I was told their metro services reached almost if not everywhere how ever in Bangalore, metro services hasn't gotten to that point so if you leave far from the metro station or it doesn't take your route you have to take a cab or for a cheaper option, take a bus.
I was also told food was cheaper and better in Delhi and Mumbai too.
As for recreation I don't have any information to compare with. 
The weather here is also awesome and moderate as I would describe it. I love the people and have learned a lot of their various culture, there was even a time I was learning the Kannada language and could speak a few sentences and understand a few lines as well. I came here for studies and I have no regrets at all.
I was treated well by most people as a foreigner which I really appreciate deep down.
Mumbai and Delhi must be as good as I hear it is but I'm glad I came to Bangalore, it has been a wonderful experience so far and I hope to visit other States in the near future.
Nevertheless, I have enjoyed every bit of my stay in Bangalore and I would come here again if I had the chance.

Cheers

Any thoughts on Mysore as a city to  live in

I can only speak of cost of living expenses in Kochi.  My rent is about 12,000 for a very large 3 bedroom, very large living room and dining areas.  There is AC in each of the bedrooms, along with flat screen TV's and cable.  The neighborhood is upper middle class.

Without question, this is considerable cheaper than in the US