Survival cost for a family

One more employer has contacted me & they are offering around 4200USD per month including everything. Is this amount sufficient for the family of three. Initially I will go alone & my family will join after 1 year. I have 3 year old daughter & her education is on the list.\
Can we survive & would be able to save by this salary including all the expenses like Accommodation, Grocery, transportation, Insurance, utilities, etc.I am a simple living person.
Please respond on urgent basis.
thanks

akp1981 wrote:

One more employer has contacted me & they are offering around 4200USD per month including everything. Is this amount sufficient for the family of three. Initially I will go alone & my family will join after 1 year. I have 3 year old daughter & her education is on the list.\
Can we survive & would be able to save by this salary including all the expenses like Accommodation, Grocery, transportation, Insurance, utilities, etc.I am a simple living person.
Please respond on urgent basis.
thanks

I suggest that you check out the forum categories list, top right hand side of this page for information.

Dear akp1981,

It's Good offer, you can save more than 70% even after very decent lifestyle.

AKP,

Which country and city you will be moving.
With that information, it becomes easy

From previous posting the destination country is Malaysia.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 91#2572896

A salary of RM8-10k per month or above is more than adequate with one private school pupil and to make some savings.

Depending on location of work/school the budget will be something like RM2-2.5k for housing, Food RM1.5k, Bills RM500, Transport RM300. Tax will be 12-16%. Schooling will cost anything from RM1750 to 3000 per month depending on quality and type of school. Expect some upfront payments for schooling such as registration fees. Also when renting property the standard arrangement is 2 months rent as deposit 1/2 months rent against unpaid utilities as a deposit and then 1st months rent in advance - so 3.5 months upfront. You could feasibly flat share for the first year to settle in before your family join you. That would only cost max RM1500 per month

I'm getting around that much from retirement. I am spending about 1200 USD per month and spending like a drunken sailor and doing so many things I have to keep track on my mobile! Yes, you can live on that. I also splurge at the Four Seasons and many other fantastic restaurants, but I'm also a street food type and also have a cook which is fantastic. So, take the job.

Hi,
Thanks for the responses.
Actually I have been settled for 16200 MYR per month including everything. Company will provide my & dependent visas, medical insurance for me & my dependents.
Location for my office is shah Alam.
Initially they are also planning for shared accommodation for first six months, transportation on sharing basis, lunch facility at the office site, mobile phone connections (upto 100 MYR), etc.
We are three in the family, me, my wife & a daughter (3 years old). Planning to come alone for first six months & then will bring my family.
Please provide the details of expenses & how much I would be able to save per month.
I am planning for my daughters education when she will turn 5.
Thanks & regards