Cost of Living for a família of four

Hi there!

I intend to expend a year in Sabadell a city close to Barcelona working at the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Does any one knows If a family of four can live there with 2500-3000 euros? Kids must attend public school and we expect expend no more than 700 with rent and 200-300 with health insurance.

Sorry, where you read família on Topic should be family!

We share our costs for a family of four for 18 months in Andalucia.  The costs may be slightly different, but you can use for a rough guide.    on our home page of Wagoners Abroad, there is a photo with the word "Money" on it... click on that and you will see it all.

Thank you for your help. I gonna take a look there.

I don't know how high rents are in Sabadell and that could be crucial but as regards everything else my first reaction, without doing any sums or giving any exmples, or even knowing exactly how much we spend each month is-easily

I would agree with Culebron. Depends a bit on lifestyle of course, You will no doubt have extra expenses up-front. If you get an agency to help find an apartment they typically charge 1 month rent for the help. If you get a furnished apartment, usually the quality of the furniture is not good. If not furnished you have that extra expense. With children you need to research the schools and area. I took a quick look on  milanuncios.com and found some 3 bedroom furnished apartments for under 700 euros but not a lot. Most seem to be in the creu alta puigener zone. I recommend trying to fnd an expat from that area who can tell you more on schools, neighborhood, etc. Generally, food, and public transport are cheap in Spain.

I have looked at Wagoner's webpage and the information is pretty good. Indeed It seens feasable, as noted by culebronchris. I need save with rent. There are some cheap apartaments there with furniture.

Is it easy to rent by month in Spain or contracts are usually long term?

Try www.numbeo.com to work out cost of living.

I have already used mumbeo.  Results have been similar to those provided by the Wagoners. I think I am getting good estimates with your help.