Anyone can give any info?

Hi please anyone that can give me any information I would be very grateful,I'm in Albania and my girlfriend is in England,she is from Romania,we planning to get married but I wanted to make sure where is easier for us to get married in Albania or in Romania,I've heard getting married in romania it doesn't take too long to get the visa to travel to England.i know the process more less for Albania but it take up to 3 months or maybe longer to get the visa.please anyone that can give me any information I would really appreciate it.

Hi Leo and welcome to the Forum. :)

As I understand it, you (a non-EU citizen) intend to marry your girlfriend (an EU citizen) and then live in the UK.

You will need to apply for a Family Visa; this link will take you to the appropriate UK Gov website where it explains the process.

You should be aware that your girlfriend will need to earn in excess of £18,600 p/annum for such a visa to be granted.

Where you get married should not make any difference in how long it will take for your visa to be issued; it can take up to 3-months for a visa to be granted regardless of this.

You should also be aware of the potential impact of the UK leaving the EU; where while nothing has been agreed, the UK Government stance on immigration may make this more problematic.

If you have any other specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply,I've heard from people that getting married in romania the process it's quicker and easier.she does earn 18k or maybe more that's not an issue.someone told me if I get married in her country I get the visa straight away don't know how true is this.thanks