Check in how you holding with storm

Please post how you all doing, what you are experiencing, fotos, videos, etc. if you need anything let the members know, there is a chance somebody close by may be able to help.

If your Spanish is reasonable I would suggest this site to see interviews, videos, etc. https://www.wapa.tv/envivo

Ha... Can't believe electricity already went out in Humacao and nothing even happened yet..

Rained for a few minutes and stopped...

Seriously..??

Maybe this is just regular out that would have happened without storm..

Lol...

Likely somobody system overloads. Yes you will get some isolated gusts for a while and things will get progresivly worse over time, it has not yet reached PR proper yet, not even Culebra.

they disconnected power to Culebra at 5am this morning. I'm in Wisconsin pacing and pacing.

as of now, I still have security video operational.  Raining  but not hard yet  - but hold on, it's gone be a wild ride!

Ok.. Yeah I just found out they turned the electricity off on purpose to prevent I guess some type of problem with stations...

But it came back on about a half hour ago...

Nice...

Be safe everyone!

Yeah... Looks like PR going to LUCK OUT on this one for the most part...!!

BEAUTIFUL..!!

still have power in Hatillo

Sitka wrote:

still have power in Hatillo

Hatillo probably have 6 or more hours before you get the worst of the storm

JohnnyNight wrote:

Ok.. Yeah I just found out they turned the electricity off on purpose to prevent I guess some type of problem with stations...

But it came back on about a half hour ago...

Nice...

You got at least 8 hours before Rincon gets the worst of the storm a lot will depend how far it is from Rincon at the closest.

USVI and BVI got destroyed. One of my friends on St John lost their home and a pet. Slowly getting word that Culebra is a mess, but better than expected considering. We should know more in the morning.

Hi everyone,

The situation seems to be very alarming so we just hope that everyone is coping well.  :o

I invite you to have a look at this link : https://www2.pr.gov/prgovEN/Pages/EmergencyLine.aspx , hope that it will be useful as well.

Let us know the evolution of the storm but most importantly stay safe everyone.

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Has anyone heard from any of our friends in PR?

Anyone know a Ham Radio operator down there?
Trying to get a report..

In the Facebook group "Expats in Puerto Rico" a lot of the people reported that they are fine. Pretty much all are without electricity and some have not water. Mostly no home damage, some clean up to do. Government assessing the damage, and removing vegetation from the roads. Culebra go hit much harder, but our friends there are all fine also. Getting electric back may take a while.

Locals tend to use propane stoves everyday so they can cook regardless of electric or not, several of our members have BBQ and propane stoves.

Mall are opening, the airport is now running, A few roads are badly damage due to water runs that took out major portions of the road, those will take a while to repair also.

Lots of rain and some rivers are outside their normal cause.

People are out and about. We were lucky.

Lots of people charging their phones with their cars.
Come December or January everyone should get a generator, they will be cheaper since Hurricane season ends in November

Can anyone tell me how Aguada and aguadilla held up?Was there flooding from any rivers in aguada?

I agree, Rey, they all should be getting generators for the future.

Jenmag, hopefully, someone can come in and post an update on Aguada.

Thank you

Jenmag wrote:

Can anyone tell me how Aguada and aguadilla held up?Was there flooding from any rivers in aguada?

Hi jen, I requested info from our members in our Facebook group "Expats In Puerto Rico" and one of the mebers responded with this:
In Aguada:  Someone posted this picture of Route 115.  It's the road from Aguada into Rincon.  I've read there are downed trees and electric poles.  Many without power.  But I read that the supermarket Selectos is open and we'll stocked.

*** There was a picture of a country roads full of vegetation from lots of fallen branches and some trees, sorry I could not show it here.
You can join the group if you use facebook and get info first hand if you like.

Thank you so much!