Questions about Permanent Residency in Mexico

Hi,  I am a UK citizen seeking PERMANENT residency in Mexico. But currently I live in The Philippines with my wife and HER daughter, age 15. I am not the father but her father is resident in The Philippines. I have sufficient funds to satisfy the ability to care for all 3 of us.

My problems are:
(1) Do I have to apply from the UK?
(2) If NOT, then do I have to return there to obtain Police Clearance and/or Medical Clearance? I have been out of the UK now for exactly one year.
(3) Can I be the holder of the Permanent Residency (if it depends on age then I am 67) and my wife (age 38) and her daughter then be my dependents on that Visa. Or do all 3 of us have to have separate Visas? My wife and her daughter obtaining permanent residence at their ages may be a possible problem.

Thanks in anticipation.

kernow2017 wrote:

Hi,  I am a UK citizen seeking PERMANENT residency in Mexico. But currently I live in The Philippines with my wife and HER daughter, age 15. I am not the father but her father is resident in The Philippines. I have sufficient funds to satisfy the ability to care for all 3 of us.

My problems are:
(1) Do I have to apply from the UK?
(2) If NOT, then do I have to return there to obtain Police Clearance and/or Medical Clearance? I have been out of the UK now for exactly one year.
(3) Can I be the holder of the Permanent Residency (if it depends on age then I am 67) and my wife (age 38) and her daughter then be my dependents on that Visa. Or do all 3 of us have to have separate Visas? My wife and her daughter obtaining permanent residence at their ages may be a possible problem.

Thanks in anticipation.

Your questions are very complex and involve 3 different countries.  You would need to answer a number of questions  including what is the residency status of you, and your wife. The daughter would likely be a PI resident by birth. What does the Mexican counsel in PI say ? That should be the first place you go to ask. You will likely have to apply separately. The counsels in PI and the UK should have answers for you

I would suggest that you contact a Mexican Embassy and counsel in the U.K. Depending on the laws, and Mexican regulations ,yes I would think you would have to apply from the U.K., but asking questions would not require going there . So you can ask by phone, find out, and then proceed.

Buena suerte

to receive the correct answers find a Mexican consulate office phone and they will give you all the information and answer all the questions you have. That is what I did and I am from England originally (50 Years ago) no problem getting my permanent Mexican resident card. I arrived here 3 years ago and enjoying my retirement with my fiance. Have an idea of where you want to live.

The law states you must apply for a pre-approved visa at a MX consulate in a country in which you legally reside. In reality, some MX consulates ignore that requirement. For example Canadians will be given pre-approval in Laredo, Texas and Las Vegas for example. Your wife and you will normally be treated as separate applicants and that means each qualifying based on individual financials. Her daughter would apply under family to her mother.

Sonia Diaz Ortega wrote:

The law states you must apply for a pre-approved visa at a MX consulate in a country in which you legally reside. In reality, some MX consulates ignore that requirement. For example Canadians will be given pre-approval in Laredo, Texas and Las Vegas for example. Your wife and you will normally be treated as separate applicants and that means each qualifying based on individual financials. Her daughter would apply under family to her mother.

Wow, I am Canadian and never heard that any of my compadres had gotten their Visa for Permanent or temporary resident within the USA. The exception would be getting it in Mexico when buying proprety.

Adios, GyC.

Numerous Canadian clients have been pre-approved in Laredo and as recent  as last week. In all I have processed thousands of visa, more than anyone in SMA.

saludos

Sonia