Internship

Hey everyone, I am from Bulgaria currently living in Bali. I am looking for an internship and I am interested in Portugal. I am studying Tourism management with minor Event management. would be great if someone can give me any information...everything will be useful :) thak u a lot!

Hello Petra Rueva,

While waiting for responses from other members, I will suggest you to post an advert on Lisbon Classifieds>Jobs>Internship. This may help as well.

Regards

Could you please check the Gulbenkian Art Society, I jave heard they hire ltos of interns..

hey BOLERO, thank u very much for the reply, but I cnnot find any info in the internet :S do u know any websites where I can check? thanks a lot!

Petra

Hi Petra

You can find Gulbenkian at gulbenkian.pt/langId1.html or [email protected]

igo4practice also arranges tourism internships in Portugal igo4practice.com/

I should warn you that despite Portugal is a great place to live, it is also a terrible place to work.

Most internships are pourly paid and meaningless in your CV. They still haven't realized that an intern can bring something new to the company, so you'll end up doing routine tasks with zero autonomy, until someone forgets that you are even there.
Then again, not all companies are like this.

Interns in tourism are very welcome in Summer time (June to September) in Lisbon (center), Algarve(south) and Madeira Island.

Please don't choose Algarve, because that is the exact place where you most probably WON'T get your job aprecciated. The accomodation offered to you is not apropriated, the food is bad and everything is expensive (it is the region most visited by our fellow english, so they increase the prices in Summer season).

Pestana is the biggest portuguese company working in hospitality services, so you'll find a hotel of theirs anywhere you choose to go.

Perhaps you can find what you're looking for at pestana.com/en/institutional/pages/employment.aspx

I hope the information is useful to you :)

Greetings from sunny sunny Portugal

Sofia