Seeking jobs in primary schools

Thankful to you for your cooperation.

(00351 915877344)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Hello romas and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that other members will guide you soon.

Harmonie.:)

Hello, I am Romas Lamichhane(Nepalese citizen). I was a teacher in an international school for more than 15 years. I am quite unknown about the school systems in Portugal. So, I am seeking good guidance from you for the teaching jobs in portugal.
Thankful to you for your cooperation.

Hello Romas, I'm From Lisbon and work in a very small primary school.

All I can say to help you is that do to the very big economy crisis that Portugal is currently living, you might have a hard time finding a job, in Lisbon, and teh living expenses are a bit hi.

I'm not very  familiar with the private and international school, sector, but in this site you might find something.

http://www.lisbon-guide.info/facts_visi … al_schools

Currently, the Education sector is undergoing some very important changes do to the "troika/IMF" agreement. but I believe the international schools sector wont be affected.

I can tell you that, here in Portugal, public teachers, and private sector (Portuguese)ones, earn from 800,00€ (1 year experience) to 3048,00 (32 years experience) whit a degree. But again in international schools pay, maybe very different. I believe they pay better.
But be prepared for the social taxes cuts that, can reach 30% of your hard work.
everything, as taxes in here! it's excruciating!

Here the Portuguese hi society family's, prefer to put their Kids in international schools, because of the social connections, and for the status.
Portuguese in Lisbon are not very nationalists, they tend to say "the neighbors chicken is better than mine".

If you have more questions feel free to ask. :)
good luck!!