Studying master degree and getting a job after education

Hi dears,

I am planning to study my master degree in accounting and audit faculty in Luxembourg University and get a job after graduation. The following questions are the most interested topics for me:

- Will I be able to get a job after or during my master study,
- What priviliges will Luxembourg give me if I will bring my family (wife+2 kids) to Luxembourg during
   my studies.
- What is the reputation of the University of Luxembourg in Luxembourg and in Europe? Does
  European countries recognizes its diploma?
- Is a student eligible to stay after graduation for some period to find a job?
- What is the budget for a student for one month living in Luxembourg (both in Student dormitory (if I`ll come alone) and in a private appartment (with family situation))

Please write your comments..

Hello,

All european Universities and their diplomas are recognized each others.

For job during your studies it depends if your student visa authorizes you to work part time. But, attention, you have to speak at less French too if you want to find a job. According the area and positions, English and French can't be enough because Luxembourgish or/and German could be asked, but with only English and French it's possible to find easily a job.

Let's talk about the thing the most important and causing some problems. The accommodation and the cost of life. Indeed, the life is pretty expensive in Luxembourg, above all when you are student and when you don't work.

An appartment with two bedrooms (three rooms) minimum, it's not less than 1000€ per month... So to come with a family and being student, it's very hard... Even if working during your studies, you won't gain enough. The minimum salary is about 2000€, and as student, you could find only "little job" or you will work in part-time, so, you couldn't earn a lot. Know you must earn at less three times the rent cost without count all the rest (food, first need products, diverse shopping) and above all schools for children!!! The international schools are very expensive and in luxembourgish schools, the study language is luxembourgish, pupils learn German at 6 and French at 8 (English not before 14). and these languages are used at school in secondary school. I don't know how old are they, but, youmust really think about that (moreover the accommodation).

For you alone, you can find flatsharing for... 600€. Yes, I know, but there are prices in Lux.

For working after, as I don't know really (normally, you can't have a full-time job with a visa student and if you find a job, you must come back in your country to get the work visa, but maybe there are some possibilities to change your student visa in Lux but, I don't think, so inform you to Lux Embassy or other local authorities).

You see, this moving in Lux asks a lot of thinking...