Help needed about moving to luxembourg

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to ask you if the weather is pleasant in luxembourg or not. Does it by any means different from the Uks weather and/or the cool places in Europe such as Norway. The weather in Norway in absolutely terrible. Appalling weather.

Another thing is that, how is the job opportunies in luxembourg?....I know I have to get a job prior coming to luxembourg but my case is different. Am coming there to live with my family[family reunification }.

Will my academic papers  work in luxembourg or do I have to start the life from scratch....literally, am sort of educated and talented chap and am not that sort of naive person. I have got a massive knowledge about  business?.....

Hope my query is as clear as a day..lol.....

Best regards,
007m

Hi 007m,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to read the thread Living in Luxembourg, you might get some useful hints.

I suggest you to go through this link this might answer your questions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Luxembourg

Thank you,

David.

Hi David,

Am afraid, the links you provided  doesn't relate and/or give me the hints I was looking for. Been reading Wikipedia about luxembourg before I decided to join this sort of expat forum.

On the other side, I did manage to read that post which oThers have exchanged their views towards the country. Some of them have been trolling with ridiculous ideas. They have been biased.

Thanks for your information though its not satisfing me, by the way.

Looking forward others views....

Regards,
007m

Hello,

Anyone out there to give me hints....I would be appreciated

:up:

The weather is certainly milder than in Norway - it is similar to South UK.

As for your qualifications - it does depend upon what type of work you are in, and what you want to do.

As for the job situation, Luxembourg is like most placed - the more unique your skills (which are in demand) the easier you may find it.

For the forum to be of help, suggest you elaborate.

Hello,

I have lived in Luxembourg for 15 years (now in Switzerland), so the weather is somewhat rainy from September to march-april, after that summer is often quite hot and sunny sometimes interrupted by rainy days.
When moving from a sunny country in south Europe, you might find it quite not such a good weather, more like in the UK.

Hope you'll enjoy it.