Permanent Visa for Brazil

Hello,
I am new here on expat and sorry if this topic were answered before. I tried to look but it all topics are looking different from my situations.
I am Indian and married to a Brazilian here(In Brasilia). I have applied for permanent resident and Federal police gave me a receipt for my resident , I believe it is called as Protocol with RNE number mentioned there also I have applied for work permit so they give me another printout of SINCRE document so far.
They asked me to come and collect the card after 50 days.
My questions are :
1. My visa is expiring end of this month so, do I still need to renew my visa even thought I have this receipt of permanent registration or Protocol?
2. Do I need to update anything or get stamped on my Passport?
3. Do I need to update anything to Indian Embassy?
4. Is there anything else required for the passport or embassy to know that I am living here now?

Looking forward to know about it. Thank you.

Regards,
Saurabh

saurabhshah wrote:

Hello,
I am new here on expat and sorry if this topic were answered before. I tried to look but it all topics are looking different from my situations.
I am Indian and married to a Brazilian here(In Brasilia). I have applied for permanent resident and Federal police gave me a receipt for my resident , I believe it is called as Protocol with RNE number mentioned there also I have applied for work permit so they give me another printout of SINCRE document so far.
They asked me to come and collect the card after 50 days.
My questions are :
1. My visa is expiring end of this month so, do I still need to renew my visa even thought I have this receipt of permanent registration or Protocol?
2. Do I need to update anything or get stamped on my Passport?
3. Do I need to update anything to Indian Embassy?
4. Is there anything else required for the passport or embassy to know that I am living here now?

Looking forward to know about it. Thank you.

Regards,
Saurabh

Hi there
The Federal police should of stamped your passport the day you handed your documents in, allowing you permanente residence, untill your give your handed your card

The protocol is your temporary permanency. You are good. Just pick up your CIE when it becomes available.  You are good.

Jim

Great! That's a relief to hear. They did not stamp anything yet but I will check once I get the card in my hand. Thank you  @spanishpete and @jland912

your welcom form both of us