Changing jobs

Hi all,

My situation at the moment is I'm currently on an EP pass with a salary of $4500 working at company A. I don't like the work here and almost reach the end of probationary period. I got an offer from dream company (company B), with the same salary $4500 per month.

I wonder if I submit my resignation letter to company A, and  re-apply EP for company B, would I risk it of not getting my new EP? When is the best time for company B to submit EP application, after or before I submit my resignation letter? My understanding MoM does not like jobhoppers. What do you think of my case?

Thanks

Under no circumstances should you resign from company A before ypour EP for company B is approved.
If you do that, you might end up with no job (if the new EP isn't approved) or temporarily need to leave Singapore (if approval takes longer than expected - currently processing times of 2 - 3 months are usual).

Thanks beppi for the reply.

1. Considering same amount of salary and same position from company A and B, what are the likeliness that my EP applied from company B will be approved?

2. I take it there's a chance company A will know that company B is applying for my new EP? Does it matter considering I was thinking to resign anyways

Thank you

The approval chances depend on many factors and cannot be told from the very limited information you gave.
Company A can, if they check your profile in the EPOnline system, see that another EP has been applied for you. They cannot see by whom (employer B).