Pet relocation

Hi!

After search a lot in internet...I couldn't find anything clear about how I can import my pet to Bahrain. I'm in Spain now, but my husband is in Bahrain. Can anyone help me a little bit telling me how can we do it?

My dog with the kennel are 37 Kg, so I think she can't go in the cabin XD

She has all the vaccinations and the European pet passport.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

These guys should be able to help you out,
http://www.delmonkennels.com/int-pets-relocators/http://www.impact-unleashed.com/

T&R

Thanks! I've just sent them an email :)

We used Delmon when we moved here 4 years ago with our cat and they were excellent.

Thanks! And how much price it was? More or less...They did't answer my email, so better I will call them

Daydream86 wrote:

Thanks! And how much price it was? More or less...They did't answer my email, so better I will call them

Sorry, but after 4 years that level of detail has long since been consigned to the trash can in the back of my brain  :unsure . Maybe someone else on here has more recent experience with them and can help you.

Mythril wrote:
Daydream86 wrote:

Sorry, but after 4 years that level of detail has long since been consigned to the trash can in the back of my brain  :unsure . Maybe someone else on here has more recent experience with them and can help you.

Hahaha! I understand XD Don't worrie I will call them, thanks!

Hi Daydream86!
Have you found out for your pet relocation?
It's indeed not easy to find the full information and to understand all what has to be done to make it happened. I've tried to sum up below :

Pets are accepted in Bahrain only via Freight transport, they cannot be transported in passengers planes.
That means it is costly and also takes time to organize the trip as you have to use a freight forwarder in Europe and a broker in Bahrain to make the import documents & customs clearance.
We are using a dutch freight forwarder for the air freight and  Delmon for the Bahraini import side. 
For 1 cat (5Kg) & 1 dog (9Kg), the dutch fwder asks 1200€ and Delmon around 740€.

Also in order to avoid quarantine in Manama airport, you need to have a positive rabbie blood test before making the import documents.
This test can be done only after 1 month of the rabbie vaccuna and the result can be long (depending on the laboratory). I've been lucky in Northern France, it came in one week but in Paris, timing announced & not guaranteed was 1 month...;

Also, it's better to have them identified with chips and to make parasite certifcation during the last vet visit before trip.
All documents (vacunas + rabbie vacuna + rabbie test + vet visit authorising transport) have to be certified by your country authorities before departure and after last vet visit.
You need also to have your import documents before trip.

The cages have to be also the right dimension in order to avoid any no acceptance by the airline. It's not easy to get a clear dimension size recommanded but we took the biggest size recommanded to be sure.
I've bought Sky Kennel cages, this brand is speacilist of air shipment.

As you see, this is long term process & very expensive to move pet to Bahrain, for our 2 pets, full total costs incl. transport, broker, vet pet, laboratory, cages.... is about 2800€.
No way to be without them in our new Bahreini life!

We're finalizing relocation of our pets for September and will move with them!

Tell me if you need more details!

Good luck

Thierry

has anyone relocated their pet to the UK themselves? Delmon prices are high (and I'm sure they're excellent) and we're wondering if we could do it cheaper.

we have three cats which ideally we'd find homes for here but...