Pet Sitters

I will be moving to Bahrain with 3 cats. Just wondered if anyone pet sits, as in just go in each day or every 2 days and feeds and cleans the litter?
I'm not a fan of catteries and neither are the cats so would be good to know options should and when I need to travel during holidays etc

where will you be living. My maid does it for some teachers in Riffa.

I am very sure it will be easy to find someone who will do this in your neighbors for free.  Don't worry about it :)

There is a facebook page called Bahrain pet sitters. Alternatively use your maid or one of your neighbours. They will be more than happy to get a couple of extra Dinar per week

May not have a maid initially.
Not sure where we will be living as get there Tuesday morning and will go look at some places hubby & I shortlisted

There is Delmon and Saar kennels. (Probably some more, but this is what I know) Not sure about Delmon service and cost, but Saar Kennel provides day care ( from 9am to 6pm/ 3bd) or overnight stay which cost 5bd per night. Food, litter, toys included. Google it and you will find additional info.

I've had my dog sitted by saar kennels everytime my husband and I travel.   They are good people.  I feel very confident when I leave my dog there. She seem to enjoy it having lots of playmates.   Most importantly,  they are clean and fumigate the area and they have 2 gates that are always kept shut. Beware of places that are not registered kennels.  I had 2 bad experiences.  Once we had a vet (at the back of the budaiya police station) take care of our dog - when we came back the vet said our dog jumped over the shoulder of the carer when he opened the door of the sleeping area and ran away. That was 2007 we searched so much!  Sadly until now we don't know where she is. We still hope that she is happy and in good hands.    Secondly, we had our dog sitted by a private animal shelter in saar in 2013  who offers dog sitting (proceeds go to the rescued animals w/c I thought was noble deed).  I regretted it big time!When we picked her up after 2 weeks even before she got in the car I was able to feel lumps in her skin.  I was able to remove 2 female ticks!  And got a couple more during the drive home!  She suffered for months!   Sorry for the horror stories.  Just want to make sure people become aware of these things!  Good luck on your move to Bahrain!!

Thanks.
My cats just don't do well in catteries no matter how good they are. It's just my cats!!!
We are in a compound, I'm sure I can find someone who will take care of them. We'll probably have a maid come in (initially) 1-2 times / week to clean the house so will find someone who likes animals.
Worse comes to worse Delmon Kennels are just behind me so will put cats there

Hello there!

There is a Facebook group that is great for pet sitting here in Bahrain. Its called Bahrain Pet Sitting. Another group that is always willing to help and share contacts for sitters is Mums in Bahrain.

[Moderated: Advert are not allow on the forum + please drop your ad in the Personal and household services jobs in Bahrain. ]