Living in the Connecticut

You are an expatriate living in the Connecticut, or you used to  work and live in theConnecticut.

Share your expat experience!

How would you describe life in theConnecticut?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find a job, and an accomodation? 

Is it complicated to make friends in theConnecticut?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in theConnecticut?

Thanks in advance for your participation

I have lived in Connecticut my whole life so it is difficult to be subjective in this case. However living in Connecticut has a lot of perks location wise. Being located between NYC and Boston as well as a short drive away from the mountains and the ocean, it is great living there if you would like to have the chance to have it all. Connecticut is among the smallest states so it can be crossed within a few hours from Northeast to Southwest.

Because of the financial crisis and being located near the two major cities- Connecticut was hit quite hard in comparison with the other states. Jobs are therefore a bit more difficult to come across at this point in time.

Stereotypically people from Connecticut are looked upon as above the average American in wealthiness and having a more "proper" look. However this is just a stereotype for the most part. Greenwich, a city in Connecticut in the Southwest is among the wealthiest in the state. Maybe it is more common to see this down on the South of Connecticut but not as much in the Northern parts.

Like all Americans it is kind of easy to make friends. However it depends on where you are living. Some towns have a very small town and open to meet people whereas other communities do not share those qualities and people do not even know their next door neighbors.

Hope that helps a little. Please feel free to email me with further questions and a little more region specific.

Hi nicole
   thank you for your article,I agree with your opinion,Americans like make friends,I like make friends too
I hope I can know of you

Bill jackson

Connecticut is one of the nation's fastest growing areas for biotechnology and is home to Yale University.454 Life Sciences' Global Headquarters are in Branford, CT, about 10 minutes from New Haven, along the state's beautiful shoreline region. .454 Life Sciences is also centrally located, just a short drive to New York City and Boston. Connecticut has the fourth highest per-pupil spending in the nation, is one of the top five states for new economy growth  and was rated the third best place to raise children in the country.Connecticut is an excellent place to work, live and play! (moderated: no ads please)