Pueblo Bavaro

Hello everyone!!

Someone has suggested Pueblo Bavaro as a good place to live. Does anyone have any experience living here or know of the area? I read an old thread on another forum where water was a real issue - is this still the case? Any contributions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hello, Pueblo Bavaro is a mixed bag.  It's predominately Dominican and ranges from some nice properties to very poor properties.  There is quite a history behind this area.  Property titles are either not available or not reliable.  I would not suggest buying there unless you have some experience with the area and have talked with people to find the real stories.  It's a large residential area with apartment buildings, houses, some commercial, schools, vacant lots, lots of loose dogs running everywhere and a lot of garbage in the streets not to mention crime. The security is bad and roads are worse (in places).  You will need a reliable lawyer and a reliable real estate agent (very difficult to find but I can recommend both if you PM me.  Having said that, there are some good buys in the area and it is an area that is trying to improve.  Depending on what you are looking for, Residential Bavaro is a better choice than Pueblo Bavaro and they are not too far from one another.

Great info!

DominicanadaMike  Good post

Bob K

Thank you so much! Some very useful information. I will be moving with my  2 small children (6 and 3 months) so really would like a safe and clean area with a balance of natives and expats (with not too many roaming dogs in possible!)

Any help would be appreciated!