Immigration law in Brazil

Dear All

I hope my message finds you well, I heard about the approval of Immigration law in Brazil a few months ago....i need your assistance to explain to me how should I be a legal resident if I got my 3 months Visa to Brazil ....please allow me to introduce myself to you, i am from Egypt and I visited SP in last June 2016 for 2 weeks...i am planning to do that again but for settle and work as well.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Wessam

Wessam Moustafa wrote:

Dear All

I hope my message finds you well, I heard about the approval of Immigration law in Brazil a few months ago....i need your assistance to explain to me how should I be a legal resident if I got my 3 months Visa to Brazil ....please allow me to introduce myself to you, i am from Egypt and I visited SP in last June 2016 for 2 weeks...i am planning to do that again but for settle and work as well.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Wessam

theres lote of info on this site about all types of extending your visa
have a look at this link and it should get you there
let me know how you get on
https://www.expat.com/en/search/south-america/brazil/
or put in the top right hand search and type in extend my visa

Hi pete, thanks for your advice...i searched about this here in expat.com ..but all the conversation is talking about getting perminance through marriage...but my question is how to stay legal without marriage....this is based on the approval of imegration law in Brazil recently.

Thanks alot ....

You can not stay without getting married. Unless you are a refugee or in a stable union relationship

What is meant by " Stable Union relationship"... thanks to advise.

Wessam Moustafa wrote:

What is meant by " Stable Union relationship"... thanks to advise.

stable union, is like a gay union. say 2 men or and 2 women,in union,,,, but saying that,, there are men and women that dont want to marrie, but still be together,and under the stable union,
I belive there other ways, but there not cheep,

Hi All,
Does anyone have information about the RNM document that allows legal residence and work in Brazil?

Thanks..

The RNE, Registro Nacional de Estrangeiros/National Registry of Foreigners is maintained by the Federal Police.  All foreigners in Brazil on a permanent visa, or on a temporary visa that allows them to stay longer than 90 days (not a tourist visa), are required to register with the Federal Police.  Foreigners who register receive a RNE number immediately on a "Protocolo", and a CDI, a Foreigner ID Card, within 30-90 days.  The Protocolo/CDI documents your legal residence.
A foreigner with a RNE, either on a Protocolo or on the CDI, when they receive it, and who is in Brazil on either a Class 5 temporary visa (VITEM V) or a permanent residence visa, is authorized to work for pay in Brazil, and can take out a Labor Card, "Carteira de Trabalho e Previdência Social", at the Labor Department of the state where they reside.  The Labor Card is the document that allows you to work for pay.

You don't just apply for it and get it. You have to qualify. There are several categories. listed on pf.gov.br

Jim

Hi jim ...i couldn't find the category list in mentioned Link.... could you please send the direct Link

Thanks,
wessam

Hello,
The RNE was already cancelled and replaced by RNM ...this is based on yhe issuance of the New immigration law (13.445/2017)

I was asking about this New document (RNM)?

Thank you
Wessam

your options:
1.- you invest U$150'000 and hire 10-20 locals
funds must go through the central bank
you will be taxed 27,5%
as soon as you use your own funds for the required investment
2.- get married
3.- adopt a child
4.- go to a local school
5.- religious tasks
6.- get a job from a company that can claim that only YOU fit the job description

nothing has changed except that the retirement visas have been canceled

I am currently working on a Norwegian Offshore vessel in Brazil and I have a visa called Vitem V.

Previously when I have signed of the ship I have stayed in Brazil with my Brazilian girlfriend as a tourist and there have been no problem doing this.

Lately the Brazilian office of the company I work for stating that I am not allowed to stay in Brazil on my vacation time on this visa and I am forced to leave the country as soon as possible and then return to Brazil as a "tourist", if I do not do this then the Policia Federal would give me daily fines for each day I stay after I left the ship.

I have my doubt that this is correct since when I was at the Policia Federal for renewing my Visa I told them about my situation and asked if this is correct, the police agent I spoke to said clearly that this was not correct information and stated that with my visa I could stay in Brazil at both work and vacation for as long as I want, as long as the validation date on the identification card that I get together with my visa is valid.

Hope that you could assist me with this and clarify what is correct in this case since I have problems finding proper documentation about this on my own.

Best regards

Even Anders Haugland

I would go with the federal police

Yes me to, I would think that the federal police agent have more knowledge about this than the woman from our office, just a pity that it is not possible to trust what the people at the immigration department in the company are saying, need to double check everything on our own.

Definitely go with the reply from the Policia Federal.