British schools Dhahran advice

We are looking to relocate our family (husband, wife & 2 kids aged 8 and 2) to Dhahran in Autumn 2017 and live on a compound in the Khobar area.

Initially my husband will come out to start his job and I will follow with the two kids once we have sorted out schooling for the 8 year old (she will be in year 4 from September 2017) in a school with a British curriculum.

I'm currently trying to establish how best to find out if there are spaces in DGBS, BISAK or Sara Village School.  They are all closed for the holidays so I can't speak to anyone directly at the moment, but the websites (at least for the first 2) suggest that there isn't currently any availability and, at least in the case of DGBS, we would have to go through an application process which starts next February for entry 2018.

Does this sound right?  Does anyone know whether you are able to apply outside of that formal procedure so that we could join my husband sooner?  Has anyone been in a similar situation before?

Any thoughts on those or other schools would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Getting places in the mentioned schools is tough job  , sadly ! but being British your kids will have priority on other students in the wait list.
as you mentioned the schools are OFF at the moment on summer break but once they re-open try to speak directly or email registrar ( i know BISAK email , [email protected] ) and you will get the realistic answer.
if it is a long wait then you can consider ISG dammam though its American curriculam but i heard its nearly best to the BISAK.
Another option you could consider is , see if BSB ( British school of bahrain ) has places , again getting places at BSB is not too easy though but you can check and if they can offer you places , you could consider living in bahrain and your husband commute to Khobar / Dhahran or you live in Khobar / dhahran and hire a taxi for your kids ( there is a dedicated student LINE on the causeway , the bridge which connect Bahrain and Saudi ).

Good luck !