Hi - New Here

I am Katheryn and I live in the small US state of Delaware.  Divorced a year ago after 36 years.  Wanting to start my life over and looking at a few different countries to expat to hopefully by fall!  Happy 4th!

Hi, I am from Singapore and I used to live in U.S for studying abroad. Nice to know you and I am almost new here too, but seems like it's an useful website!

Thank you for the info and nice to meet you.  How long were you in the US?

Katherynann wrote:

I am Katheryn and I live in the small US state of Delaware.  Divorced a year ago after 36 years.  Wanting to start my life over and looking at a few different countries to expat to hopefully by fall!  Happy 4th!

Welcome to Expat.com

Are you planning to move abroad? What can anyone help you with here?

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

My choices are Lake Chapala ,Mexico, Cuenca, Ecuador, Medellin, Columbia or Algarve Portugal.  Wondering if there are others searching the same countries.  Also interested in making friends.

Hi

What is the purpose of moving out of the USA?
Jobs or retirement?
If it is job, I personally would not. Stay here collect and save all your monies and attempt to move. Not sure how much you have in your SSN fund. $ 2000.00 would make you rich in any low key countries.
Also, recommend South East Asia too.   Best weather, Great food, depending your location fairly reasonable Medical Care, Very low priced housing (rent- do  not purchase) the best public transportation for mere cents.
Food for thought.

TC

Hi,

My family was relocated one year ago to the States. Reason? My husband's work, he got a great job offer here. After this year I would say, that life here is good, even very good. I agree, it's a place to work hard. Medical system is complicated and always requires to pay for everything. But even knowing those cons, I would say, everybody needs to try living in the States. Just to understand the country, it's philosophy and the freedom taste....cause in the States all is about to be free.

Cheers, Magda

Hello

Nice hearing from you and like that attitude which will take you a long way.
The Medical Problem will be solved very soon, It has been a real mess when the *** started meddling with the free market.
There is no real Medical crises in this country. Its all made up ***. 90% of us get our medical insurance via the company where we work. The rest, just wait until its given to them. There is nothing free around here. This made this country flourish and prosper and there is plenty of space for many who wish to experience.
We have several freedoms but the left wants to take away all of them. But majority of them follow the rules.
What is your background job wise?

tc

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Political = not suitable for forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct