Green areas around Amsterdam

Hello all,

Me and my wife are considering to move to Netherlands in October. I have received a job offer which looks very good. The office is in the Gaasperdam area in Amsterdam. We are currently living in Helsinki in an area full with green parks and forest near by. We dont have kids yet and I plan to bring my car with me (I know transportation is very good however we love driving around as much as possible). We are not fan of nightlife and preffere mostly quite suburbs rather than busy city-centers.  We are looking to rent either an apartment or a house up to 1600 euro a month (there are some good options available on Pararius or Funda). Will help a lot if we have few areas in mind before looking. Someone recommended Amstelveen which looks nice. Any other recommendations?

Your friend made a good call with Amstelveen; you have the "Amsterdamse Bos" to the west and the "Middelpolder Park" to the east.

In general, Amstelveen is not cheap, but if you can afford it, a nice place to settle.  In general Holland is flat (no hills worth talking about) and I've never heard of any Forests like what you see in Finland, but it's what you make it.