Student pass receiving attention

Hello

My wife and I are Singapore PR and we have been living  in Taiwan for last 2 years as my company posted me there for an assignment.

We are coming back to Singapore in July with our 2 kids.  Both kids were born in Singapore and lived in the past on long term visit pass.

Both plan to go to Singapore American school - one in grade 2  and younger one in kindergarten.  School applied student pass for both of them about 3 weeks ago and we have already received the IPA for our younger one in 5 days while application for my older is still showing receiving attention. 

Does anyone have any experience or advise on why one is approved And other is still pending and if there is anything I can do to get feedback on the status besides just checking status online?

Thanks for the help.

Why did you apply student pass but not LTVP and PR together at same time for your kids? You both are PR and there won't have an issue applying LTVP and PR for your kids and if PR application is successful then they will be PR, if not then continue with LTVP.

Hi Surya

Thanks for prompt.  I did not realize that as a PR I can apply for dependent pass.  My understanding is that I can only apply for LTVP as a PR.  Appreciate if you have more insight into this.

Amit

Hi Amit, I mean to apply LTVP ( it is similar to dependant pass for those EP or S pass holders applying their spouse or children to come stay or study here).

Sorry, I changed the word dependant in my previous message to avoid any confusion. Please check with ICA immediately and apply LTVP and PR together. Don't go for student pass. Good luck.

Hi Surya

Thanks.  One more clarification- can my older one so will be 7 years old attend school on LTVP?  I thought he has to be on student pass or PR.   One more thing - he will need to start school in August 2017

Very much yes as long as he is less than 21 years old can apply LTVP. No worries, by that time his pass would have been approved, if not PR application status. Please mention the school enrolment details including start of the class while applying pass. Good luck

Thanks

Hello

One more question - if I apply for LTVP now, will it impact his current student pass application.  Also, any experience on the situation I am facing on my student pass. 

Thanks

You can apply LTVP and if it is approved then student pass application won't be valid anymore.

One more comment to caution you:
If both parents are PR and don't apply for PR for their child, ICA assumes this is to avoid of National Service obligations (which male second generation PR generally have to serve). Since the Singapore authorities understandably do not like that, you can ex[pect problems in future. For example, your REP might not be renewed at some point, forrcing you to leave Singapore (or stay on without ever leaving the country, which is hardly possible).

@Amitbansal1 is your problem is solve or not

@Rahul Sisodia The user you are referring to, Amitbansal1, stopped visiting this forum 6 years ago. I think it is unlikely you will get a reply from him. Please post your question(s) in a new thread!

Closed