Recognition of foreign qualifications in Turkey

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in Turkey? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in Turkey or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

When we cane to live in Turkey we were both retired so any qualifications were not necessary.

Hi! I am a housewife here in turkey. Planning to cobtinue with my career but i need to learn the language first.

Hi, Before I went to Turkey I have searched If my Diplomas are accepted in Turkey. I have found out that My international degrees are accepted however they are sending the diplomas to Ankara to confirm from related University to check  qualifications are good enough to perform your duties when you have find a job. In my case I  wanted to teach English so before I went to Turkey I  went another course at London to get UK TEFL diploma, which is very useful to teach at privet schools. I also had diving certificates which are international.If you try to learn Turkish in the mean while it help to  find a good job with a good pay.
So I hope my answer was useful. Good luck
Tim

Hello,

This is Khawaja Mutahir, i am ACCA Finalist and CMA USA Qualified, i am willing to move to turkey, can you guide me how to find suitable job.

Regards

Hi ,
Seems you have good professional background.First you need to check with Education of ministry department web site if your qualifications accepted in Turkey. I think you need to look for any job to get by till learning the Turkish tax system. Then if you are lucky you can find a job in International company. You must learn Turkish in between. If you are moving to south of Turkey which tourism is main income for most of people then you can apply jobs as tour operator doing schedules for transfers,organising excursions etc. Good English skills could be enough however never forget if you like to land a good job you have to learn Turkish.

Good Luck
Wish You best.
Tim

Dear Tim,

Thanks for your reply, i will surely check with ministry, actually my whole experience is in finance and accounting (for FMCGs) & teaching, i am married & currently in KSA, i want to ask about the availability of jobs for expatriates in turkey.

Is it worthy to plan to turkey, also i need some specific websites for guidance in relation to jobs and living expenses in turkey.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, Turkey is a very nice land with nice temperature and 4 seasons. Living expenses can be differentiate to place where you like to move. Bodrum is and commercial place of course because of that rents are expansive than other part of the cities and towns at south of Turkey. Biggest and maybe the cheapest city is Antalya and cheapest town is Fethiye.When you move the cheapest places you need at least 3000 TL if you have a large family which is $800 a month. Thats rent incl. If you just moving yourself 500$  will be good enough to get by again rent incl. Food is fairly priced. If you cook for yourself then cost of living will be less. you can check this places out from http://www.fethiyetimes.comwww.antalya.com.trwww.bodrum.com.tr

Dear Tim,

Hope you will be fine, your provided information are very useful, i need some more assistance related to job hunting in turkey.

Thanks

Certainly but you need to let me know where you going to move first then I can provide you some details. It will be better so you don't have to commute long distance.

Best Regards,
Tim