SAUDI ARABIA TO INTRODUCE NEW EXPAT TAX

Yes

hello am mostafa i work as biomedical engineer i would like to make good friends i live in riyadh beside elmalaz zoo am new here i have only 11 months n i like to know more friends i like sport n go to restaurants to eat different kind of food

Ayyyy... Hope this wont happen

Hi all a mere question, is this not payable by the sponsor company?

Antson wrote:

Hi all a mere question, is this not payable by the sponsor company?

Some MNCs are paying for their employees...

its good really n i enjoying my time here there r more malls n i like to play sports u can do sports too by the way when u will come in riyadh?

Hello, i am dependent of my husband. My iqama expires in 2018 but to travel abroad for few days they requested we pay the 1200 SR fee prior of travelling. So they will not ask it only in iqama renewal time, in case you travel abroad they will request it in advance.

Is there anyone on here from KAUST? We are locating there in September and have not yet accepted an offer. How does this tax work if you are employed by KAUST as a PostDoc student?

0128083427, to confirm it,  call them.

Real Estate price is less then 2017 but other hand New Levi taxes on Iqama 400 or some condition 300 per month are badly effect this Construction / Commercial Market........

and i suggest you no one take risk on Free Visa, there is no more free visa because as per new Nitaqat System, every company or Establishment should hired 1 saudi on 5 Expats before it was 1 Saudi on 10 Expats. Due to this new nitaqat system most of Establishment are in Yellow category. Cost of Iqama is 120% Higher then 2017.

As Market of grocery is 20% Higher not only because of V.A.T 5% as well Fuel Prices. Local Grocery Shops are near to close because they are not able to take 5% on 1 riyal Item. If they charged high, then consumer prefer towards Hyper Markets.

Only some of Companies have exemption of Nitaqat like Manpower Supplier Company, (only 15 registered companies), Establishment less then 5 employees.

New Iqama Fee

- 650 Iqama Fee
- 2500 Labor Card
- 4800 New Levi Tax / Year
- 350 Minimum Insurance

Total Cost of Iqama 8300/ Saudi Riyal in 2018.

ok

Hi all,
the dependent fees are a reality now in KSA since July last year.
Any persons that is depending on your IQAMA will be considered as a dependent
THe costs were 100 SAR per person per month as of July 2017 and will rise by 100 SAR additional per month per dependent till 2020.
It means in 2018 as of July, the costs will be 200 SAR per dependent per month.
This cost is to be paid at the renewal of the IQAMA (or creation of it) till the date of renewal of the Iqama of the sponsor (Iqama on which the dependent are related) and it is per day calculation.

Hope it helps,
Romain

Hello everyone, I am new here in saudi arabia working in a car spareparts company in khobar. My boss told all his employees that starting this january 2018 our salary will have a deduction of 400sr per month due to this new levi rule. And some of us here was told by our boss to find other company in 1 month. If they cant find after 1 month they will be give an exit visa. As what I know based on what ive read this deduction will start if you will renew your iqama.  For example my iqama will expire this comming oct 2018 so if there is deduction then it may start at november 2018. Please give advice thanks

its implemented

It is not true, saudi arab only implemented vat not income tax as we all know value added tax and income tax both different thing .this all sounds rumours only.

Hello Everyone! I am new here and thought this was coming so lets hope for the best :)

And I know she'll be the death of me, at least we'll both be numb
And she'll always get the best of me, the worst is yet to come
But at least we'll both be beautiful and stay forever young
This I know, yeah, this I know

People will feel the pinch once 1st of the bills is issued  :dumbom:

Ehtesham wrote:

And I know she'll be the death of me, at least we'll both be numb
And she'll always get the best of me, the worst is yet to come
But at least we'll both be beautiful and stay forever young
This I know, yeah, this I know

People will feel the pinch once 1st of the bills is issued  :dumbom:

Is the bill issued on the weeknd :D

On top of this expat/dependent tax we also have to pay a 5% VAT on all goods and services starting Jan 1, 2018. This will certainly increase the cost of living to a new level and we have to plan and be prepared to weather the storm with our current revenues.

RakhitArif,

No, your info is incorrect. From jan 1, 2018, every expat worker has to pay SR 400 per month and every dependent (wife and kids) have to pay SR 100 per month for each to the Government. It is a form of fixed tax. This amount will be doubled on Jan 1, 2019.

musicman wrote:

RakhitArif,

No, your info is incorrect. From jan 1, 2018, every expat worker has to pay SR 400 per month and every dependent (wife and kids) have to pay SR 100 per month for each to the Government. It is a form of fixed tax. This amount will be doubled on Jan 1, 2019.

Just to clarify this to you and all readers....
SR 400 is not imposed on expat worker....it is imposed on companies and establishments and sponsors
Dependents fees is SR. 100 / month and will become SR. 200 after July 2018

I posted an ad for selling a Point of Sale (POS) App developed by me that is VAT compliant and it was rejected with the reason given as "not compliant with expat.com policy". I would like to know how this ad contravenes the policy of this portal when all it is stating is that its a software App developed by be thats being put up for sale?

Shocking!!!

Unless of curse that some folks do not understand the meaning if what a POS is. I would like to demand an apology and my ad reinstated, please.

Hi Priscella,

I want to connect with a Solomon Island  expat or national.  Do you know somebody there?

Regards,
Gary

Hi.

what about 2020?
does it will remain the same or end of family tax?
please advise

Hi there,

I am going on Final exit next week but i have paid dependent fee of my wife and 02 kids up to Sep, 2018. Can anyone inform that if there is any way i can refund dependent fee? If yes, please guide me the procedure.
Appreciate if anyone can give quick reply.

No, you cannot refund the dependent fee already paid to the government.

Thanks.
My  agent in Pak informed me to bring this Jawazat copy with me for new visa but GRO is not giving it.
Can someone guide me how to take it?https://s18.postimg.org/mwazlhnih/Untitled.jpg

Hi.
Visit Jawazat office , there are many agents outside , give them 100 or 200 they will bring it from inside.
this is the easiest way to get that green paper.

omg,

I just recently read about it (link)... bad/good news? I dont know...

According to the local media, dependents are categorized as follows: A wife (or wives), sons, daughters, parents, wife's father or mother, house workers, and drivers who are registered under the name of a sponsor, namely expatriates working in commercial companies.

I am quite sure that any negative impact in relation to such a decision when applied will require a thorough review and evaluation by the Saudi government. Expats are too important for the economy of Saudi Arabia and the government is keen to maintain a healthy relation between the most important elements of the economy, namely the employers and the employees.

Hello,,,
I hope you fine

can i travel for vacation *emergency case* for 2 weeks if i havent paid my traffic fines and also my house rent?  can i put exit re entry?

True, but those rules are applied to only private sectors, and exemption for those who's working with public sector(Saudi Gov.)

All the best,

Also ask ur agent about NOC. I hv come to knw that nowdays KSA embassies are asking for NOC frm previous firms. I hv lost very good offer due to this requirement. My present company is not giving NOC... So i continued my job with the same old firm at lower salary.

Are you talking about National Occupation Classification (code), sometimes, they ask for it as a part of the process to insure the accuracy of your information, and your previous NOC is testifying what you have applied for.

No... Its No Objection Certificate... I have got specimen frm my agent... And it states that the firm has no concern if the employee come back to kingdom and work with any other employer.

Thanks

Every dependant will tax 300 SAR 2018-2019

why they are increasing?