SAUDI ARABIA TO INTRODUCE NEW EXPAT TAX

Yes, very sad news for Expatriates ....
this is really tough time for people traveling for vacation
you need to pay the fee first to get exit re-entry visa....

the best option is to return back to home country at the earliest  :) ...

DEAR

There is no standard frame work for salary. It is purely bases on company willing and as well as candidate capability, how much he get from the employer.

But you start from 8000+..

tc

rucksack is right from  Jul 2017 it will be 100 per month and in 2020 monthly fee will be SR400

Hello,
My name is faisal from pakistan working in riyadh, saudi arabia for 10 years,
i have a question my profession on iqama is amil adi(labor). Do i am eligible to bring my wife on visit visa on this profession.

raofaysalkhan wrote:

Hello,
My name is faisal from pakistan working in riyadh, saudi arabia for 10 years,
i have a question my profession on iqama is amil adi(labor). Do i am eligible to bring my wife on visit visa on this profession.

Nope. U can't.

I am afraid that you have received a wrong information on it. It's applicable to all not just people above 18 years old. Please check it again on your Absher or bank account.

Can I bring my wife & daughter on visit visa?

I think it is cheaper than this?

I agree with you..

hi iam from india my kafeel name i dont no i am not seeing  sponsor id 10** kafeel phone no checking app help me igama no 242***

manikandan121992 wrote:

hi iam from india my kafeel name i dont no i am not seeing  sponsor id 10** kafeel phone no checking app help me igama no 24***

So you came all the way from India without bothering to check who you will work for?
Ask someone to read the visa stamp page in your passport which will clearly say your name of establishment owned by kafeel and then approach your consulate/embassy for his phone #.

Please refer ministary of labour.They will give you full information

contact them

contact ministry of labour. they will give  u full information

Niddu wrote:

Yeah .Expats  working in govt sectors are exempt from dependant tax.

Sorry, not true. PNU teachers are govt and they have to pay the tax. My friend who works at Princess Nora University just paid the dependent tax. And it's steep. With four dependents, it's about 5000 SAR this year.  They took the tax when she applied for exit reentry visas.

And PNU salaries are very low, so this will hit the PNU teachers hard, cuz  the tax goes up each year.

It's too bad they don't give you anything in return for paying.

What's the purpose of the tax?

Moajep wrote:

rucksack is right from  Jul 2017 it will be 100 per month and in 2020 monthly fee will be SR400

That's per child per month, so about 5000 SAR per month per child by 2020.

readyfreddy wrote:
Niddu wrote:

Yeah .Expats  working in govt sectors are exempt from dependant tax.

Sorry, not true. PNU teachers are govt and they have to pay the tax. My friend who works at Princess Nora University just paid the dependent tax. And it's steep. With four dependents, it's about 5000 SAR this year.  They took the tax when she applied for exit reentry visas.

And PNU salaries are very low, so this will hit the PNU teachers hard, cuz  the tax goes up each year.

It's too bad they don't give you anything in return for paying.

What's the purpose of the tax?

It is called 'fees' to stay in the country. According to them they are offering services....I have been living here for 30 years and expats are not allowed in govt hospitals.
Details of these services or fees are not available in ministry of finance or other websites.

We are looking for a Spanish Language Teacher's in Riyadh for a Saudi Family who they need to teach their son 8 years old – speaking & writing very well English & Arabic -  (Private Lessons).

Awaiting your answer please

REGARDS

The tax is imposed on all the dependents regardless whether they are below 18, wives or daughter

chebel wrote:

We are looking for a Spanish Language Teacher's in Riyadh for a Saudi Family who they need to teach their son 8 years old – speaking & writing very well English & Arabic -  (Private Lessons).

Awaiting your answer please

REGARDS

:offtopic:

Actually the fees from 1st of July 2017 to end of June 2018  100/month, 1st of July and so on. 2018 to end of June 2019 200/month

Just noticed there is a sticky on this here. Got a question....

Is it true that you have to pay the dependent fee "in-advance" when getting an exit re-entry visa for your dependent?

If so, then if someone has 3 dependents and only 1 is traveling, does the dependent fee for all 3 have to be paid, or only for the 1 that is traveling (the one which an exit re-entry visa is required for)?

Are there any other fees that have to be paid in order to get an exit re-entry visa?...like Iqama renewal fees before it expires or something ridiculous like that?

This is getting difficult to bring families and let them be with us, either on permanent visa iqama or visit.

Getting a permanent family visa is not a problem. The only thing is that, for a permanent visa you'll have to apply online which might take sometime. Later once you have family iqama you'll have to pay dependence fee.

As long as family visit visa is concerned, it takes no time without any fee initially. Later,  to get the visa stamped in your home country you have to pay a heavy amount. The maximum stay on a family visit visa is restricted to 6 months we with extension.

What I heard is that, if the employee is directly employed in a govt organization are only exempted from dependent fee. But if the employees are working in govt sector through a contractor then they are nit exempted. PNU teachers are mostly higher through contractors.

How much it is taking to get family visa for wife and two children if you have any idea...

Very true!

Yeah & Starting Jul 2020, this will be 400 per month or 4800 SAR for an year.

hi

thank you for sharing such topic with us, really such fee is going to be big problem to expariate who are living in the kingdom, hever, it is also an economic and social problem to saudia arabi because most of expatriate are going to send back their families abroad so the rental flat number will go to slip down, groceries and households will drop down also, also other private businesses like clothes, furniture, schools, and other services will drop down... so it is ultimate detrimental to Saudi people

Such a shame about the new tax system!

Hi any body interested for mutual transfer from guryat

By dependent

Mutual transfer for ?

there has been a Royal decree keeping the fee at sr 100

ZeeOf69 wrote:

Really, where is it

ZeeOf69 wrote:

there is a Royal decree...it's called rumours....

The new tax came into effect in July/2017. Next year, will double. A wk ago, we received a letter from school reminding us if tuition not paid before the end the year, a 5% VAT will be added starting 1/1/2018. Better pay tuition before. 31/12/2017.

Very bad! I hope all goes well!!

What is it all about , can someone clarify this please

sushiltp wrote:

What is it all about , can someone clarify this please

It is about indirect message to tell expats that "yalla go to your country"  :sosad:

Does this mean if you have no dependents there will be no tax?