Child born after visa issued

Hi,

My wife has applied for Spanish visa in Pakistan but she is pregnant. My question is what about the child who would born after the visa issued to my wife. Does he/she need to apply the visa and go thorough the whole complicated procedure. Anyone has some experience in this regard.

Thank you

Regards
Faisal

Hi Faisal and welcome to the Forum. :)

Not sure of the process, but, assuming you and your wife have Pakistani nationality, your child (and any other children you have while having Pakistani nationality) will be Pakistani, there is no right to Spanish citizenship by being born in Spain (and many other countries); only children of Spanish citizens, or misplaced nationals inherit Spanish nationality by being born there (the term is "Jus sanguinis").  There is one exception, that being if Pakistan does not recognise the birth of your child abroad, thus denying them any nationality.

I suggest you contact the Spanish embassy/consulate where your wife has applied for her visa for details of the process you need to follow.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Come to brazil and your child will be Brazilian by birth plus you and your wife are going to get permanent residency for life