Close

Fingerprints for criminal record check

Hi All,

I need to get my a fingerprint police clearance check for my visa next year. Does anyone know where I could have my fingerprints taken?

My embassy and the consulate both simply advised that they do not provide help regarding this matter nor do they know where to get it done.

Im hoping that some of you might be able to help or know where could it possibly be done.

Thank you very much!! Any advice would be appreciated!

I just had a bit of a search using servicios de huellas dactilares in Google  and on the Spanish consulate site (for Tangier it's true but nonetheless a Spanish Consulate) it said

La observancia de esta nueva medida es exigible tanto en los locales del Consulado como en los de la empresa prestataria de servicios externos VFS Global, a la que le han sido conferidas algunas tareas del procedimiento de solicitud de visado, entre las que se encuentra la captura de huellas e imagen.

The VFS site is automatically opened in English and was talking about the UK but it may be a place to start asking.

I kept looking and I came across this
http://www.interior.gob.es/documents/64 … df05f203d8
On page 106 it says that you are required to give your fingerprints but the suggestion is that the police will do it at the time when you go for your interview. That's certainly how it used to work with the old NIE cards and also how it works with Spanish citizens.

The  CNP, the National Police, deal with all the passport and identity stuff so popping into your local comisaria may be an easier first step.

I'm not exactly sure what visa it is that you need but there where lots of links about visas for the Schengen area with search clues like como se puede obtener un visado schengen.

I also came across this and, again, it just suggests that you have to give your prints not that you need to get it done beforehand,

https://www.justlanded.com/espanol/Espa … ncia-y-NIE

Hi Culebronchris,

Thank you so much for the detailed message and the time taken to do the research!

I need my fingerprints taken by the police so that i can send the fingerprint card along with the NPC (National Police Check) form to Australia to get my police check. The fingerprint check is one of the requirements of my visa for next year.

As you advised, I will definitely try going in to a Comisaría and try my luck (fingers crossed).

I'm also looking at the VFS Global, hopefully i can get some info out of there too.

Thanks again! I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a good weekend :)

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
BlueMoonx47
Do Spain allow a Long stay Visa for ward?
By BlueMoonx47
highyieldconsultant
Retirement Visa
By highyieldconsultant
lukicmaja
Moving from Canada to Vera, Spain
By lukicmaja
LynnA59
New Experiences on the Horizon
By LynnA59
kymmyg
heyitsmeguia