Fianceé Visa Application: Processing time

Congratulations!😊 You have to take a seminar from CFO..you have to bring  your passport with visa, proof of relationship (pictures together) and passport copy of your fiance to the CFO before the seminar. Better call CFO for more details as to what they need from you. After that, youre ready to fly 😉

Thank u very much for that info..😊😊

Hi everyone,

Me and my boyfriend are planning to get a fiance visa next month. We've been together for almost 4 years. I have visited him in Philippines last 2014 and he was here in Norway in 2016 for 1month and 2 weeks. He's 23 years old and I'll turn 25 this coming december. It says in the UDI that we those under age of 25 years old can be summoned for an interview. But I will turn 25 this december. I was wondering if they will consider that I will turn 25 or not.

Hi! They check all dates, I think if you pass the application while you're still technically 24, there is a big chance they will interview you for processing your case. As for bf, he will still be summoned for the interview since he is below 25 years old. :)

Hei everyone!
I am currently on a fianceé visa and I'm just wondering if it's really true that I am allowed to work and engaged in business activities in Norway while on fianceé visa. It states on the letter the UDI sent me but I am just confused because I know from before that it is not allowed to work while on fianceé viss unless you're married and have the spouse visa|family visa. Does anyone have any ideas? takk!!

Hi, I think, yes you are allowed to work BUT you need a personummer (to open ur bank acct in Norge), "report your move to Norway from abroad" via skatt because it's illegal to work here without that.
You also need a tax card from skatt as well so you can fix all your income taxes.

BTW, take note that your Fiancee residence permit is only valid for 6 months, which allows you to get married within that period and from that you can apply for family reunification with spouse (you are allowed to stay minimum 1 yr or depending on how long UDI might grant you ) then you can now "report your move to Norway from abroad" and ask for the personummer from skatt.

The skatt office will not issue you a permanent personummer unless you have stayed for   a period (I thought it was 4 months but some said it is 6 months now).

If you ask for personummer now, they will only issue you a temporary personnummber.  It will take TIME to open bank account etc etc with this temporary number.    I heard some banks require as long as 4 weeks to let you open a new account.

Hi guys!
Thank you for all of the infos, in my case I have lived and work in Norway for 3 years with aupair visa and student visa before we decided to apply for a fiancé visa. I also have white jobs before that I have paid tax infact I got the tax refund this year. I also have a bank account and a personal number before. I was just confused because my friends who have been in my situation before said I cannot work. So maybe the UDI have changed the rules again?😊 My employer before wanted to hire me again that's why I really wanted to make sure if it's allowed to work. But maybe I have to go to statens hus to inquire about it. God speed to all of us❤️

Hello kitty how was ur application :)

Hi guys.

i have a fiance in norway. He is a filipino citizen w/ permanent residence and we decided to get married. I applied for fiance visa and THANKFULLY got approved (issued me D visa) then i booked my flight to norway but i have a lot of questions on my mind and im worried because its my first time to go abroad and i want it to be ok and wont have any problem in my flight especially when going pass thru phil. immigration. Hoping you guys can help me..here are my questions:
1. I only have one way ticket. Do i have to buy a return ticket?..even after the marriage im planning to stay w/ my hubby and apply for family reunification so that i can stay longer. Im worried that the immigration officer might ask me for a return ticket.
2. Do travel insurance is necessary? Or its ok not to avail?
3. Im done attending the cfo and have only cfo sticker on my passport. I dont have GCC certificate. Do i need to attend GCC to have a certificate or sticker is just enough?..becoz i have read some other blogs that in immigration they will ask for GCC certificate and also after i get married and have to change my surname i should have the GCC certificate but i only have cfo sticker. I try to contact the cfo but the line is always busy. hope u guyz can shed some light and answer my questions.thank u.

Hi.. im here in Norway and still waiting for my residence card. And next week il'll be start to school for norks.

What is UNE ? They forwarded my appea to UNE ..  😊

UNE is Utlendingsnemnda

UNE

They handle appeals from UDI cases.

Mitchico06 wrote:

Hi guys.

i have a fiance in norway. He is a filipino citizen w/ permanent residence and we decided to get married. I applied for fiance visa and THANKFULLY got approved (issued me D visa) then i booked my flight to norway but i have a lot of questions on my mind and im worried because its my first time to go abroad and i want it to be ok and wont have any problem in my flight especially when going pass thru phil. immigration. Hoping you guys can help me..here are my questions:
1. I only have one way ticket. Do i have to buy a return ticket?..even after the marriage im planning to stay w/ my hubby and apply for family reunification so that i can stay longer. Im worried that the immigration officer might ask me for a return ticket.
2. Do travel insurance is necessary? Or its ok not to avail?
3. Im done attending the cfo and have only cfo sticker on my passport. I dont have GCC certificate. Do i need to attend GCC to have a certificate or sticker is just enough?..becoz i have read some other blogs that in immigration they will ask for GCC certificate and also after i get married and have to change my surname i should have the GCC certificate but i only have cfo sticker. I try to contact the cfo but the line is always busy. hope u guyz can shed some light and answer my questions.thank u.

1. Having a fiance visa should allow you to present yourself with the immigration officers that you are bound to get married here and hence tell them you will settle here, change visa to spouse should you need to discuss with them why you dont need to have a return ticket.

2.  Travel insurance is necessary just make sure you have the Schengen-approved insurance from the Philippines like Pacific Cross or Standard Insurance

3.  As Filipinos going abroad as fiancé(e)s, spouses or other partners of foreign nationals, you are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling session in order to secure the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC) and theCFO sticker. You need this certificate to renew or apply for a new passport at the Department of Foreign Affairs (per Department of Foreign Affairs Order Nos. 11-97 Implementing Rules and Regulations for Republic Act 8239, "Philippine Passport Act" and 28-94). You will also need to present this certificate together with your spouse/partner visa, at the Immigration office at the international airport on your day of departure.

Thank u very much for answering my questions..😊😊😊

Always a pleasure to help 🙂🙂

Hi i just want to ask about my visa application as an au pair,, and almost 3 months now since i submitted my application at the embassy,,and i haven't receive any email yet since i submitted my application and i was really worried about it,, is there anyone have an idea it was so stressing me out,,

Congrats Mitchico06 may i know how many months are you in a relationship with your fiance when you applied for fiance visa? Because we will be applying for fiance visa on our 7th month as a couple. Is there any problem if we haven't reach more than a year as a couple. Btw, it will be our 3rd meeting on our 7th month too. Thanks 😊

Hi chichi14

Me and my fiance we've been together for more than 8yrs. Well as far as i know the length of relationship being together  is also a factor the longer you've been together the better. But the important is prove to udi how true or genuine your relationship w/ your fiance and its important that you have physically met your fiance and spend some time together not just on online. When i submit my application i include some of our pictures together as proof.

We've met twice already, and he will go with me when i'll submit my application.

Tak alina

Hi everyone! I just received a text message from the Royal Norwegian embassy saying that I have to check my email regarding my application for the visa but I did not receive any emails from them and even checked my spam emails and its not there. Do you guys know anyone who experienced this? Not sure if this text is even legit or not.

Same thing happened to me. I called the embassy to verify the text and it was legit. They were able to resend the email after the call.

HeyitsmeB wrote:

Same thing happened to me. I called the embassy to verify the text and it was legit. They were able to resend the email after the call.

I did not bother call the embassy anymore because my Fiance received a copy of the decision on his email so I just knew from him that my visa application was approved. :)

Hi! I have a quick question. In my visa, it says duration of stay is 30 days. Does that mean that I have to travel to Norway within 30 days from the time my visa has been approved? Please help me on this.  Thanks!

No, it means you need to travel to Norway within that 30days. 6mos duration of your visa in Norway starts when you have visited the Police here.

HeyitsmeB wrote:

No, it means you need to travel to Norway within that 30days. 6mos duration of your visa in Norway starts when you have visited the Police here.

I see. Thanks a lot for the info. :)

Hi, did u had ur visa approved? Or have u been in Norway before?

My fiance went to the interview, we applied in March, 2017, he got the interview in October 2017, for the ones of you that got an interview, how long from when UDI told you that they got the police questions and answers did it take for UDI to give you a final verdict

Hello, i just want to ask where you apply you fiance visa..in philippines or in norway

Ljvillanueva wrote:

Hello, i just want to ask where you apply you fiance visa..in philippines or in norway

It has to be in Philippines.

Hi sis,
How was your application going on?
I have been waiting for 2 months and still no result yet😢

Hi everyone, just want to share my time of waiting about my spouse visa application. I'd applied Feb 28 ,2019 in vfs Manila  that only took 10minutes to submit the documents, same as I received the noticed from UDI MARCH 7, 2019  THAT my residency permit is granted. So quick.