Fianceé Visa Application: Processing time

Hei everyone!
I am new here in the forum and i just have some inquiries about the fianceé visa application if how long does it take? I have applied for a fianceé visa 1st week of April this year and still didn't have the result until now. The last time I've heard from the UDI which was last month, it says that my application is still on queue (waiting to be processed). By the way, I had lived in Norway for more than 3 years, 2 years with aupair visa; 1 year with student visa and recently just had a tourist visa. I applied here in VFS Cebu and my fiancee' is Norwegian. I hope I will hear from the members in here who have knowledge about my queries.. Thank you in advance 😊

We are almost the same, i applied April 18 at VFS Manila, got an email May 8 that my application was forwarded to UDI for decision, May 20 email from UDI that my application is waiting to be processed. I would like to be positive but it might take awhile since it's almost sommer ferie at Norway now.

yep, that's right plus they had atleast a week vacation during the påskeferie and some long weekend this past few weeks and soon comes the sommer ferie. I hope we will receive the results of our application soon before their sommerferie.
According to the UDI website, the application will take up to 4 months but my friend who just applied recently recieved her visa after 2 months. The VFS in Cebu told me when I submitted my documents that it will take atleast 3 months that's why I'm wondering if someone in here have received their visa after weeks/months after submission:-)

I read on one thread that hers just took 6 days. You can find others waiting experience here:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 98&p=8

Thank you😊

I applied on 12. March 2017  and yesterday I got my approval letter from UDI. It Takes two months and 20 days.

Hi, I applied last March 28 and got approved 24th of April. We were shocked about how fast the result was, thinking of the holidays in between but I guess, application differs from one another.  For as long as you sent all the needed requirements, it should go fine. I hope you get approved soon. fingers crossed 🤞🏻😊

Nazaningrm wrote:

I applied on 12. March 2017  and yesterday I got my approval letter from UDI. It Takes two months and 20 days.

Hi,

Did you also apply at Manila/Cebu Embassy? 😊

HeyitsmeB wrote:

Hi, I applied last March 28 and got approved 24th of April. We were shocked about how fast the result was, thinking of the holidays in between but I guess, application differs from one another.  For as long as you sent all the needed requirements, it should go fine. I hope you get approved soon. fingers crossed 🤞🏻😊

Judging from how fast their decision on your case, i will guess that it was processed here and was not forwarded to UDI Norway. Anyhow, Congratulations on your visa approval! 😊

wallflower21 wrote:
HeyitsmeB wrote:

Judging from how fast their decision on your case, i will guess that it was processed here and was not forwarded to UDI Norway. Anyhow, Congratulations on your visa approval! 😊

yeah, I guess it was processed in Manila. I think, it takes time when forwarded to UDI. anyway, goodluck and hopefully you get it soon too.  :)

wow! That was fast @ HeyitsmeB.. Congratulations to both of you and enjoy Norway. As for me and @wallflower21, I hope we will be granted a visa soon. I will let you know if i hear anything from the UDI.

If the application forwarded to UDI Norway it takes time to get the result...im waiting for 8 months  until now no result yet of my residence permit. I hope i will get the answe soon.

KityyM123 wrote:

If the application forwarded to UDI Norway it takes time to get the result...im waiting for 8 months  until now no result yet of my residence permit. I hope i will get the answe soon.

That's long time waiting :/ did you try to call UDI about your application? It says on their website that if it already takes more than 4 months you can call them to follow up. Sometimes they misplace some application so i really recommend you to call them. Best of luck to all of us!

Whoa! 8 months and still waiting? That's so long.. on their website it says it take 4 months only to process. How come you've been waiting for so long? Maybe it's best to call the UDI.. my friend who applied last year got approved after 2 months and she said her fianceé now husband called the embassy in Manila instead of the UDI in Norway maybe your fianceé can try it too.

Hi Everyone, my huband call UDI today for follow up .. but the UDI stated that is stil waiting to be processed said now its takes 1 and half year to get the result.  Its tiring and stessing  for waiting so long.. . On thier website 4 months..... what are the really exact rules. They cant give what exactly dates.

Im not applying for a fiance. I was applied  family reunitification my application is forwarded  to  to UDI Norway so once if the application  is forwarded its takes time to get the result.  If the embassy who decide its take  2 -3  months you get the results

@ KityyM123, sorry to hear that. I know how tormenting and frustrating it can be to wait for so long. I have been waiting for more than 2 months now and I am getting tired already. I have a friend who have applied for family reunification, was married to her Norwegian husband in Norway while on tourist visa but then the UDI advised her to go home and apply for family reunification here in The Philippines since she's not a skilled worker. The application only took 2 weeks and she was granted a visa just last month. I don't know how they handle the applications, they said it vary from case to case but I don't know  what that means if only they have all the answers to their website but their answers are vague and we're left out wondering what's going on with our application.
Clearly, I am myself irritated today. I got this email saying my application is still on queue, it's the second email I got from them stating the same thing. I don't understand why after more than 2 months it's still on queue and how long before they will processed it?  I hope it's not so long.
Think the best way is to just expect the worse and hope for the best.

I think if you've been at Norway for more than 3 months or you've had other visa before except from tourist, that's when they will have to forward the case to UDI instead of just getting it done at Embassy 😕

Why is that? I don't get it. Wouldn't it supposed to be a lot quicker just like when you're applying for a tourist visa that you have advantage if you've been in and out of Norway or in Europe in general?! coz when I applied for a tourist visa, I got approved just a day after I hand in my docs to the VFS. It's supposed to be quicker especially if you've submitted all the documents needed and if you haven't violated any rules while staying in Norway and have an established relationship with your partner. But of course, it's for the UDI to decide.
I'm also thinking that maybe because they're so busy right now with the coming sommerferie plus there's more refugees right now and their case is more complicated and need to be studied thoroughly than ours. There's also students applying for a student visa they need to attend to since school will be back on August.

shane05 wrote:

Why is that? I don't get it. Wouldn't it supposed to be a lot quicker just like when you're applying for a tourist visa that you have advantage if you've been in and out of Norway or in Europe in general?! coz when I applied for a tourist visa, I got approved just a day after I hand in my docs to the VFS. It's supposed to be quicker especially if you've submitted all the documents needed and if you haven't violated any rules while staying in Norway and have an established relationship with your partner. But of course, it's for the UDI to decide.
I'm also thinking that maybe because they're so busy right now with the coming sommerferie plus there's more refugees right now and their case is more complicated and need to be studied thoroughly than ours. There's also students applying for a student visa they need to attend to since school will be back on August.

Hi. I'm not sure either, but from what i've read somewhere here, they need the "vandelsattest" from Politi.

Read the first post:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=513498

I think they will not organized well.. maybe all the aplication put in all together. Except the tourist visa. Thats the reason why its takes longer and if  its work load thats is worst. ..They dont care about what we felt how hard when we are far away with our love ❤️ one. 😭

KityyM123 wrote:

I think they will not organized well.. maybe all the aplication put in all together. Except the tourist visa. Thats the reason why its takes longer and if  its work load thats is worst. ..They dont care about what we felt how hard when we are far away with our love ❤️ one. 😭

I agree with you, they are the most bureaucratic crap I've came across, for me and my wife she been interviewed and luckily we are in a smaller area than oslo so the wait is only 2 months to get an interview and after the interview, they throw our case back to the queue of a 15 months because they have to wait for the other applications for people whom are in oslo, the big question here is, if they're waiting for these applications when others are clear and ready to go, what really are they doing meanwhile.

I was confused that kind of tragic.. why?  they need to collect first  the other people application before they will decide the decision??  I dont really understand why  to wait 1-1/2 year before UDI can decided. Anyway good luck to us. Hope will get the result soon. Thanks 🙏

Does anybody in here have been granted their fianceé visa already?😊 I still didn't get mine😩😴

Received an email yesterday saying that my papers is still on queue 😕 And when i emailed them they told me not to call / message them unless it's already on queue for more than 4 months 🙁

@wallflower21, I called the Norwegian embassy in Manila last couple of weeks ago but they just let me wait and wait in the other line. I got tired and it  cost a lot of money too so I decided to just send them an email about the status of my application and they replied the day after saying that my application was forwarded to UDI Norway and that rest assured I will receive monthly update of the status of my application.
My boyfriend also called the UDI twice but they said that it's still on queue and advice him to contact them if it's already over 4 months😟

Hi,

I was just granted a Fiancee Visa today :)

Congrats!! I was also granted a visa today. When are you going to Norway?

for a fianceé visa holder, do we need to have the CFO seminar or not? Also, anyone have any ideas to how many days you can claim your passport and other documents if you chose to have it delivered via courier and not to be picked up in The VFS? thanx and God bless us all!

We need to attend that seminar. And if you look at VFS website it says there that it will take 1-3 days for the passport to be delivered if within Manila and 2-5 days if outside.

Hi Everyone i wanna ask how many days to notify me for ready to pick up my passport to vfs cebu .Tuesday i got an Email from UDI Norway That my residence permit has been approved. Do i need to call Embassy Manila? Or just to wait first until The Embassy Manila or the  Vfs notify me. Thanks.

My suggestion is to ff up directly with the VFS Cebu hotline ready with all your info so you can inform them accurately! :) Congratulations to you KittyM123 ❤️

Thanks the Advice Alina, i was confused since i got email from UDI Norway Tuesday stated my residence permit has been approved so wednesday i went to Vfs CEBU to ask. Said not yet arrived. So they check on the system said in transit. So what i did i track stated there the application has been recieved vfs 7/5/17. Then Thursday i called there hotline. . Someone who talked to me said i call back 15-20 min. Cz the officer of the visa scan it. Then i called again said i will wait for the notify email. Ask me again cos she will ask cebu if they recieved. After that i did not call anymore. So my Plan i will call the Embassy tomorrow. Because my schedule to fly to Norway this July 14 Friday.

I mean they ask me again to call back cos. She contact Cebu if arrived. After that i did not call back again...

Thank you 😊

You can tell you can pick it up in VFS Cebu so you can get it right away rather than wait for their notification/mail it that might take a few more days.

Ok i wil .. Thank you 😊

Pleasure to help out in any way I can! 😍 Better get ready in preparing for your wedding yehey🎉🎂🇳🇴

Mine is Family Reunitification.. Thanks.

Hi guyz!!!
Got my fiance visa approved..feeling blessed and happy right now..i applied last may 24 and i recieve an email stating that my residence permit has been granted today..i thought it would take 4 months or more for the results but it only took 47 days..
And now i want to know what to do next and requirements needed to bring when i have my flight to norway..