Student Visa

Does anyone knows if I obtain a student visa and study Portuguese, would I still become a resident for tax purpose after 183 days?   I am currently retired in the United States and would like to spend some time in Brazil but I do not want to deal with the Brazilan tax system. I sent messages to a couple of law firms but have yet to receive any response.  Thanks guys

Did you ever get an answer to this question? If so, what did you learn?

If you are just coming for 6 months to a year I would not worry at all about taxes
They don't ask you anything at all

You will only be a student and not a permanent resident. You should come and not worry anything at all about taxes...


New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Brazil

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brazil

Moving to Brazil

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brazil

Travel insurance in Brazil

Enjoy stress-free travel to Brazil