New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourselves here – June to December 2017

Hi Patricia! I'm Nicole and in the same situation! Im from Peru, I would write in Spanish but it's not nice for another expats 😂. I'm planning move to Bunschoten Spakenburg with my boyfriend (Utrecht).

Groeten!

nicoleaac wrote:

Hi Patricia! I'm Nicole and in the same situation! Im from Peru, I would write in Spanish but it's not nice for another expats 😂. I'm planning move to Bunschoten Spakenburg with my boyfriend (Utrecht).

Groeten!

There are two options to communicate in Spanish ;

Trough the pm system but I guess the pm system of Patricia's is not unlocked yet

Or

You can go to the Spanish forum by clicking on your avatar and a menu pops up where you can choose from five different languages of the forum.

@primmadona, it's okay.. I dont think we really need to use our Spanish haha

Hi,
My name is Nasu. I'm Kenyan and planning to sit my Civic inteegretion exam in Dec. I've been following so many forums here and I'm here for fresh tips to ensure i ace this exam. Looking forward to wonderful ideas😊

Hi Nasu, I recommend you to check naarnederland there you will find all the questions of the speaking exam. It helps a lot!!

Thank you 😊 working on it daily

Hi all. Been thinking about moving to the Netherlands for quite a while now, but things got interesting a week ago when I got a job offer. So now it is time to get as much info as possible and make a decision. Where to stay, buy or rent, health insurance, cost of living, university for kids etc.

You guys would not mind me creating a bunch of threads with a question per thread, or do I bunch them all into one thread?

MartinStander wrote:

Hi all. Been thinking about moving to the Netherlands for quite a while now, but things got interesting a week ago when I got a job offer. So now it is time to get as much info as possible and make a decision. Where to stay, buy or rent, health insurance, cost of living, university for kids etc.

You guys would not mind me creating a bunch of threads with a question per thread, or do I bunch them all into one thread?

You can search the forum for topics where you have questions about. If you don't find what you are looking for than you can post your question on that particular thread.

Hi all,

I am Caitlin and I moved to The Netherlands in July 2016 from Scotland.  I joined this community in the hopes that I can find someone in a similar situation and to perhaps make friends as I am finding it difficult to do so.

Also, if any one has any questions about what it's like to live here, just let me know and I'd be happy to offer advice from my own experience.

Hi all,

I'm Miguel and I moved to Amsterdam from Spain this November. I'm working here in finance.

I'm looking forward to meet new people and make plans.

hello sir   am henry a ugandan who worked in southkorea    am 23years old...a dingle and looking for a job...am now in uganda and love working...any amount is ok for me    am athletic and love dancing   i love working....***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please don't post contact details on the forum + drop an advert in the jobs section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I would like some advice. My wife is South African and I have dual nationality Dutch/British. My wife is in the UK on a 6 month visa. I now want to take my wife back to the Netherlands with me. We are both pensioners. What are the next steps we need to take to make this happen? I am clueless.

Peter humphreys wrote:

I would like some advice. My wife is South African and I have dual nationality Dutch/British. My wife is in the UK on a 6 month visa. I now want to take my wife back to the Netherlands with me. We are both pensioners. What are the next steps we need to take to make this happen? I am clueless.

Welcome to the Forum Peter :)

You only need to ask your question once :) I am sure someone will answer you in due course.

SimCityAT
Expat.com Expert Team

Hoi, I think she needs to apply for an MVV as she is from South Africa. Which I am not sure is if she can do It from UK. Check in ind.nl, youll get the answers depending of your case :)

Hello everyone!

I am Meity from Jakarta, Indonesia.

Currently I am looking for a job in Amsterdam as I plan to settle down there with my partner.
I have expertise in product management, product development, marketing strategy, marketing research, and digital marketing. I have 9 years experiences in financial industry (both in banking and insurance) for managerial position.

I hope that I can relocate soon and join you guys there! :)

Regards,
Meity

Ciao Michele,

Grazie mille

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please post in English only.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
italuba wrote:

Ciao Michele,

Grazie mille

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Posts in the main part of the English language forum must be in English; if you wish to use another language, please use our PM system.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi,
My husband and I are currently living in Los Angeles and planning to move to Amsterdam sometime next year. I'm Italian and he's American. We look forward to meet some of you in person soon. Dank u! :-) (currently studying Dutch....)

MPChir wrote:

Hi,
My husband and I are currently living in Los Angeles and planning to move to Amsterdam sometime next year. I'm Italian and he's American. We look forward to meet some of you in person soon. Dank u! :-) (currently studying Dutch....)

Alstublieft .................  :top:

Hi!
I'm Natasha from the Philippines. I'm currently planning my move to Netherlands, specifically Amsterdam as my partner lives and works there. I'm working hard trying to look for suitable jobs but thinking of getting a tourist visa again by February to stay for 3 months until I get a company to sponsor me there.

Subscribing to some of the posts here so I can get some valuable insights! Any help regarding my situation would be appreciated :)

Hi.
I am Australian and will be coming to the Netherlands in August with my husband and 6 year old son. My husband will have a job as a chiropractor. We want to learn all we need to/ and can to have an enjoyable few years.

Hi! I'm from the USA and it looks like my husband and I will be moving to Rotterdam or The Hague in March of 2018.  We'll have a work permit as we'll be working for the company we currently work for.  I'm wondering (and researching) if I'll be able to continue my part time job (and what I went to university for) teaching piano lessons (mainly via skype to my current students back in the USA).  Looking forward to learning more and more about the beautiful Netherlands!

Hallo! Im Ann

I've come and joined this forum mainly to seek out advice on moving to the Netherlands and being able to work as a nurse.

I've done quite a bit or research on how it's done, but feel that it's quite the most complex process I've had to go through so far (I've done my share of jumping around).

So being able to go through it with someone who has gone through the process would be heaven sent!

Hi to all!

Puccafied wrote:

Hallo! Im Ann

I've come and joined this forum mainly to seek out advice on moving to the Netherlands and being able to work as a nurse.

I've done quite a bit or research on how it's done, but feel that it's quite the most complex process I've had to go through so far (I've done my share of jumping around).

So being able to go through it with someone who has gone through the process would be heaven sent!

Hi to all!

Hi Ann and welcome to the Forum.

Nursing is a regulated profession in the EU and you will need to get your qualifications formally recognised before you will be permitted to work; within Holland, this is regulated by the Nuffic organisation, this link will take you to their website.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

msabo wrote:

Hi! I'm from the USA and it looks like my husband and I will be moving to Rotterdam or The Hague in March of 2018.  We'll have a work permit as we'll be working for the company we currently work for.  I'm wondering (and researching) if I'll be able to continue my part time job (and what I went to university for) teaching piano lessons (mainly via skype to my current students back in the USA).  Looking forward to learning more and more about the beautiful Netherlands!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't be able to do this.  You may have to register as a business in order to trade from within Holland; my advice would be to speak to the local Kamer van Koophandel when you arrive and see what advice they can offer; this link will take you to their website (in Dutch, but I'm pretty sure the contact information is pretty obvious) and that they will speak English.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hey

I am jessica 24 year old and newly wed we want to move to the Netherlands sooooooo badly but we find it hard to find a job. Are there any aggencies that will help us with this process. I am a artist and teacher my husband is a accountant. Thank you very much any help will be appreciated

Kind regard

Hey where do we find jobs abroad?

Hello everyone .. I m niru and I m from Georgetown Guyana . I m
Married to a Dutch so I m planning to move to nl with my son . I already did my civic basic  examen . Now I m in the process of my mvv. Which takes awhile as it's 5 weeks now I m waiting . My husband apply via online . Any tips as how long the winter season takes for processing

Hello everyone,
my name is Maria, I'm 24 y.o., from Ukraine. Im crazy in love and  married to Dutch guy, passed exam, and now we are collecting papers to apply for mvv. For everyone who wait results of exam or mvv I wish a good luck and thanks for everyone who shearing info avout all processes.

Hi everyone

I´m Colombian and I´m living in utrecht, just wanted to say hello, If you want general tips about moving to this country, just let me know, hope to talk to you all.

Vanessa.

Hi I´m colombian, and I´m living in Utrecht. hope everything is well, hope we can talk, tell me if you need anything.

vane.

Hi VaneGarcia , welcome to the forum and thank you for letting us know you can help out .. I b moving to Apeldoorn soon . I was in nl 5 times in 2and half years .. so thank u n if I need some tips will let u know

Hi.

Fris wrote:

Hi everybody,

We are a French couple living in Singapore (since 2009) and we are moving to Haarlem with our 2 boys (18 months and 4 years) in October.
We love traveling and have explored many places in Asia, now it is time to discover Europe a bit more... We would love to meet other families with young children once we settle in the Netherlands!

Cheers

We are an Irish/Australian couple also moving from Singapore (here since 2001) to Haarlem. We are finalising paperwork at the moment and should be there by June this year. I am keen to connect with other expats who have primary aged kids. We will be looking at local vs international schools and family friendly areas to live near/in Haarlem so any advice would be gratefully received!
Cheers

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751389

Thanks!

Closed