Sillicon Valley American in town for Memorial Day Weekend

I am traveling solo from California to experience the cultural elements of Colombia.
I work for Stanford University and get plenty of time-off to explore the world.
Interests: Art, Music, Soccer, Food, Nightlife, Urban Hiking, Mountain/hillside Hiking, walking around and exploring different neighborhoods.

While I have seen many of the tripadvisor and expedia suggestions to do hang gliding (phobia of heights) and coffee tour (huge fan), I was hoping to connect with people who have different experiences or want to share in travels off the beaten path (possibly mountain territory.  If you like to have fun and know someone who could point me in the right direction to meet interesting people and get a "real" as opposed to normal tourist experiences, I would gladly be happy to buy dinner/drinks or compensate in a reasonable manner.

I do not know exactly what I want to do but my main goal is to have fun.

Hi Keenanj,

Welcome on board.

Just to inform you that your topic has been moved to the Colombia forum as you previously started it on the wrong one.

Can you tell us in which city are you planning to stay?

Regards,

Sarvesh
expat.com

-if you end up in jardín, shoot me a message and I'll take that coffee/dinner invite.

Sorry thanks for help! Medellin

I am a native of Silicon Valley and just retired from NASA after 36 years.  I strongly suggest you try to go to The Rock of Guatapé.  If you are scared of heights like me, just look down at the stairs.  The good news is that the route back down is on the inside so you don't have to look over the railings.  Another interesting trip is to take the sky tram from Medellin up to the park.  (Again it can be a little scary as you are suspended at times perhaps a couple hundred meters above the districts below.  Also don't get off the tram any where but the trans station or at the park as the tram stops lately before the park in a  dangerous neighborhood. Also I would avoid the Botanical Garden as isn't very good. Have fun!