Moving to Nairobi

Hi Dears,

We are planning to move to Nairobi around August/Sept. and I would like to know wich places are more suitable for an European (French/German) expatriate knowing that the office is close to the airport?
We are a married couple and are looking for a townhouse with 2 or 3 BR. What kind of rent shall I expect to pay?
Thanks, Eric

Hi Eric,

Perhaps you could contact the professionals recommended in the Real estate in Nairobi section of the business directory to guide you.

All the best,
Bhavna

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads on the forum + post your offer in the housing section of the website.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Eric,
Lots of expats live across town from the airport where rents are a little higher and there are lots of housing options - gated communities, walkable areas, near restaurants and shopping. Your commute to work at the airport may be ok if you live near the bypass (perimeter highway which allows you to bypass the center of town). Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot for your guidance!

In fact it will depend a lot on your requirements and off course the available budget. If safety, security and a expat environment is essential, i would suggest to look at areas like westland. If you dont mind travelling a bit south c & south B could be good options as well.

If budget is essential then i would suggest to check out some facebook groups. You will end up paying considerably less. You can easily get a good and secure house or appt for 35.000 bob or less