Commute to work by public transport/car

Hello! Hope everyone is doing well!

If you have a moment, can you tell me which one do you prefer and why?
Zebbug to Qormi
Zejtun to Qormi
Attard to Qormi
[I will be working in Qormi]

I saw the distance is about 6-8km. On a normal road, it'd take about 15mins, but i read the road is unfortunately not as good as people would like it to be. Will it take over an hour to drive between the two places or will the traffic be better as im not going towards/from sliema/valetta area?

Any working and affordable ride share like uber/grab in Malta?

If by bus, which area would have better network and bus frequency?

Also, if anyone knows of room/2 bedroom apartment to rent in the area without agent fee around Eur600, i would really like to hear more.

Thank you so muchhh!

make your life easier, go with  4th option, live and work in Qormi.. :) 
6-8 km, in the mornings/afternoon could be somewhere between 30 min - 1h...with car/bus

I wanted to too, but not many properties for rent in Qormi as far as I can find on Facebook. I will still go and look around when im there in person. 

I see alot in Zebbug and Attard within my budget and the comments on the area were positive, so if nothing else nearby, I'd go for one of those. :)

Just my personal opinion, but between the two I'd definitely go for Attard. I'd say the town is generally nicer and more charming. I have a friend who used to live in Zebbug and it always took her ages to get anywhere by bus - and at night the buses were hopeless (non existent) anyway.

In Attard you've got quite a lot of nice places in the town - San Anton Gardens, for example. There are some nice cafes in the centre, and it's got a lot more charm than Zebbug. And from Attard it's easier to get to the beaches in the north, especially if you've got a car.

Zejtun is not too bad, either. But it would already be considered "the south", and the main problem regarding traffic or commuting to Qormi there is getting through Marsa and Tarxien, which can be a real nightmare at rush hour. But that's true for most places in Malta.

Bernie

Hi everyone,

@ clexa > I'd ask you to have a look at the Housing in Malta section, see if anything suits you and eventually post a free ad, with all your requirements.

Good luck. :)

Regards,

Sarvesh
https://www.expat.com team

Thanks Bernie, that is very helpful! I didnt consider the non existent buses, i kinda expect it to run hourly as scheduled. =s That leaves me with Attard, Mosta area! ^^ Thanks!

I am aware of the section but thought to put it in here in case someone else here reading have something. Thanks Sarvesh.

Definitely Attard one the nicest villages in Malta, Zejtun is too far, Zebbug and Qormi are full of crazy people :)

@@ Crazy how? =s