Family Reunion Visa

Dear All,

I am Erasmus Mundus PhD Scholar. My degree is joint degree between Spain and Germany. Nowadays, I am in Germany as a visiting student. Recently, I applied for my wife visa for Germany and she got call to collect the visa after all the verification. However, they did not give her visa because she told them about her pregnancy (she is 10 week pregnant). They said we need to verify some more information and we will call you back after 1 or 2 weeks. Now my question is what type of verification they are going to do. I have a private health insurance and it does not cover pregnancy. My plan is to bring my wife in Germany and then we will move to Spain in July where I have public health insurance which will cover all the cases. Could please anybody help me about my case. I am confused about getting the visa after this verification thing.

Regards
Rana Faisal Munir
Nationality: Pakistan

For a family reunion visa to Germany, you need to show sufficient financial means (approx. EUR8600/year per person), living space (e.g. rented apartment) and health insurance.
Since your private health insurance does not cover your wife, you need to get a separate one for her. All German health insurances cover pregnancy and child birth.

Thank you very the reply.
1) There is no insurance which take you if they already know about pregnancy. I tried with an insurance broker but we could not find anyone who is taking already pregnant woman.
2) My degree is a joint program and I am planning to move to Spain in July. In Spain, I have public insurance but I am not sure how to satisfy German embassy.

Embassy already sent a letter to Alien office for further investigate by taking child into consideration. My net salary is 1750 and I am not sure it is enough to satisfy. Moreover, I have 1 bed room apartment which may also not fit into the requirements. Whereas, Insurance is also a problem.

Could you please guide me in this situation. Or tell me any laywer how is from Dresden.

Thank you

Regards
Faisal

The German public health insurances do accept pregnant women. You should inquire if your wife is eligible. (Insurance brokers won't help you here, since the public scheme pays no comission to them.)
Your income might be barely sufficient for the family (minimum rate for kids is lower than adults), but you will be poor and have to turn every cent.
A 1-bedroom unit is probably not sufficient, so you might hve to rent something bigger to fulfil the requirements.
Asking an immigration lawyer might be a good idea, but I don't know one in Dresden.

Even if it is legally possible to get the visa with an insurance that does not cover pregnancy and birth, this is NOT advisable: This will easily cost you EUR10000, in case of complications more.

Thank you for the detailed reply. I have 1 bed room apartment because I am not planning to live here. As I mentioned, I will move to Spain in July but I dont know how to convince them about it.
I tried TK public health insurance but they rejected my case. They said you can't enroll in the new policy as you are already in a private health insurance. Moreover, you did not approach us in the first month of your arrival.

Lets see what will happen.

Thank you

Regards
Faisal

ranafaisal342 wrote:

Thank you for the detailed reply. I have 1 bed room apartment because I am not planning to live here. As I mentioned, I will move to Spain in July but I dont know how to convince them about it.

In that case you might do with a normal tourist visa, which is available up to 89 days.

ranafaisal342 wrote:

I tried TK public health insurance but they rejected my case. They said you can't enroll in the new policy as you are already in a private health insurance. Moreover, you did not approach us in the first month of your arrival.

Of course, that is true for you - once you're in the private scheme, you cannot easily change back to public.
You need another, separate insurance for your wife and child, since your private insurance does not cover them (only public health insurance covers dependants without own income)
If your wife and child can enter the public scheme, it will cost approx.  EUR170/month for your wife (less for the child) and this is probably the cheapest you can find.

Family reunion visa is already in progress and it was almost ready until my wife told them about pregnancy.

wao, it means i can get public insurance for her. Let me check with a public insurance company.

Thank you