Working in NL

Hi everyone! I just want to ask. I'm about to graduate this coming April taking BS Psychology. I wanted to work in Netherlands since my gf lived there. she is not a dutch. But she is still an EU citizen. Is it hard to look for a job there? What kind of visa should I get? Any advice?
Hoping for your response.
Thank you

Psychology girl wrote:

Hi everyone! I just want to ask. I'm about to graduate this coming April taking BS Psychology. I wanted to work in Netherlands since my gf lived there. she is not a dutch. But she is still an EU citizen. Is it hard to look for a job there? What kind of visa should I get? Any advice?
Hoping for your response.
Thank you

Hi and welcome to the Forum. :)

At the top of the page is our Handy Tools section; this contains articles you may find useful in planning your journey.

With regards to your specific questions, there are 2 issues I can see.

The first is immigration and going through the MVV process; this link will take you to the Dutch IND website which explains the process.

The 2nd is that your profession (psychology) is regulated in the EU and you will need to get your qualification recognised before you can practice; this link will take you to the respective website where you can get further information on doing this in Holland.

One last point - start learning Dutch, it will be essential for your work.

If you have any further specific questions, please come back to us. :)

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much. This is a big help

Here to practise the basic dutch prenouncings;
(feel free to call me for a "live' sound)

http://www.wijkkoelkast.nl/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/aap-noot-mies.jpg

tone - as in English word:

aa - as in see-yAAh
oo - bOAt, flOAt
ie - mE.,sEE
i -  bIg tIck, sIck
u - hUsh
e - jEt , hAd sAd
eu - s c hÖn
uu - pUre
ij - Ice (lange y)
ei - Ice } (korte Y)